• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Recent content by Greg Kimsey

  1. Greg Kimsey

    American Southwest, Circa 1876, Sioux Warriors vs US 7th Cavalry

    Once again, just brilliant. I feel like the tones are closer to what I think of as natives. Out of a "how did he do that" curiosity, did you use transparent glazes or a more dry approach? I get the sense you used dry since you mentioned not working too wet. I like to work wet, and use glazes...
  2. Greg Kimsey

    Revell '65 Mustang Fastback

    You know I am going to get out the soldering iron...right? Siiiigghhhhh
  3. Greg Kimsey

    Revell '65 Mustang Fastback

    Well, IDK. The fins are better, but the vent ribs are not. I tried four different ways to make them and none of them are good. I shouldn't have been afraid to try the soldering iron I guess. It is still better than the kit parts though...I think I decided to zig zag the strips, first in metal...
  4. Greg Kimsey

    what colour is this ?

    Maybe this
  5. Greg Kimsey

    1/350 Pre Dreadnought Tsesarevich.

    Still makes me think of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers when I see her though.
  6. Greg Kimsey

    1/350 Pre Dreadnought Tsesarevich.

    But but but...you did!
  7. Greg Kimsey

    Revell '65 Mustang Fastback

    Oooh, yes. You mean the outer visible edge, right? Yes. I'm on it. Ooooh, wait...metal? and a then kerf in the edging for lateral support? Same with the vent ribbing. This is why I love this place.
  8. Greg Kimsey

    1/16th scale sFH 18 Howitzer

    It is astonishing, and light years beyond OTB. It is a thread that will be referenced by anyone building this or a similar kit. You have set the bar very high Paul.
  9. Greg Kimsey

    Big Vietnamese Cobra Pit Placeholder for ICM 32nd Scale AH-1G x4 Build

    "Made up"?!! That's just wrong on every level!
  10. Greg Kimsey

    Almost built a Hellcat, F6F-5, 1/48

    Great plane and beautifully done. Like Pup said, it's really clean.
  11. Greg Kimsey

    1/350 Pre Dreadnought Tsesarevich.

    Nice and clean! Wish I could do that...
  12. Greg Kimsey

    American Southwest, Circa 1876, Sioux Warriors vs US 7th Cavalry

    The brushwork is so smooth! I love the obvious transissions of both light to dark and cool to warm, in all the right places. At first I felt the tones weren't warm enough, but after looking further it is SO beautifully rendered I took it back! I am not familiar with the tassles and have never...
  13. Greg Kimsey

    1/16th scale sFH 18 Howitzer

    Almost defies belief. It will be a show winner!
  14. Greg Kimsey

    Revell '65 Mustang Fastback

    Ok, so, I got distracted by the quarter panel vents. The ones included in the kit are not up to par LOL. So I attempted to make them! I will line the opening with 2mm x ... uh, .3mm I think. I have had some practice lining openings with the door frame but is still extremely challenging for me...
  15. Greg Kimsey

    Revell '65 Mustang Fastback

    Well, after looking at my 1:1 I realized I had done the bed of the trunk wrong. I removed what I had done, and using a piece of corrugated plastic I glued in the top of the gas tank. It isn't exact, but looks cool. I then used 2mm x .5mm strip to add the edges. Then glued on .03hex rod cut into...
Back
Top