• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Where's the Boss, storch down' Russia June 1942

Very nice James ... You've come along way from where I remember ... looking good ... :popcorn

Thanks Gerry, got a few more uploads to do today to bring this up to date :facepalm

Thanks Luiz :dance

Ok looking forward ... I'll be back on later ... I have a Texas Outlaws On30 Meeting to go to ... That includes a big plate of Texas Bar - B - Que ... Just to get the creative Juices Flowing ... :popcorn

So on the third floor as I said i wanted to use some different ways of doing things a little adventure :bang head :bang head :frantic

h9cf1f13.jpg

h474a74d.jpg

hf1c9d40.jpg

he1faf6b.jpg

So a bit of weathering and effect work on this little baby

h54ffaf3.jpg

hfb4bdc7.jpg

So being a guy who really likes making instead of buying, just sometimes the need for detail requires a little money being used :gogo :gogo

h2e32914.jpg

ha22f860.jpg

:frantic :frantic

so tried to make a few more baths as always to keep the cost done :fencing

h7aff15b.jpg

with the third floor bring brought together

h3fa2eb6.jpg

h0bbcc62.jpg

h23b686d.jpg

h73832db.jpg

That is amazing, James! Only a bit way too big for my taste (I never build anything bigger than 1/72). I really like your (resin??) bathtubs. Looking forward to the damaged Storch.

Perhaps next you could build a diorama of Mussolini being evacuated by Otto Skorzeny in the Hotel Grand Sasso??? :geek

Cheers

Alex

Looking forward to the damaged Storch.

Perhaps next you could build a diorama of Mussolini being evacuated by Otto Skorzeny in the Hotel Grand Sasso??? :geek

Cheers

Alex

Alex thanks for the comments, but these have taken me a long time already, but great idea. :facepalm

So the next up date requires some goodies to help fill the picture with detail :zen :zen

hec77811.jpg

hdf9d392.jpg

h1470075.jpg

Scratch built some furniture, the ashtray in the background is 1.1 scale :facepalm :tomato :tomato

h0fe27d4.jpg

hca2acca.jpg

The furniture is very Nice James I'd say that you could be a carpenter on a small scale ... The picture your painting is looking very good ... Excellent work my friend
... :popcorn (y) :ro: :dude

Thanks Gerry now we are up to date on this build, apart from the bits and pieces that I have started ie the truck is almost done and figures. :frantic :frantic

The Storch is started also but only just...... :soldier :soldier :pilot

The base as also changed to something a little bigger and the work I have made for myself is a lot but it will be much better for the story line.

The building and the way i have painted the outside is something that i think i will be changing as not very happy with it. :zen :zen :zen

Wow that is some incredible work! I too looked at the brick on the front, but it appears to resemble cut stone, and if you really look at pictures of European buildings, that can vary from hand size to quite large, so I thin you are looking good there!

PS - that captured German with the Soviet Recon team looks like he is in for a bad day

Wow that is some incredible work! I too looked at the brick on the front, but it appears to resemble cut stone, and if you really look at pictures of European buildings, that can vary from hand size to quite large, so I thin you are looking good there!

PS - that captured German with the Soviet Recon team looks like he is in for a bad day

Thanks, ur right large stone is how it should be. :dude

Well the battle to get some positive time at the bench still seems to hold me at bay :fencing :facepalm

However managed over time to get some prep done ready for a move to a new base and a new technique I have been dying to try out. :rotf

Cobble stones and paving cut for the detail of the road way. Find the right cork had been a real pain but found a store in the city that will bring the idea to life. :frantic :frantic

Like I said will involve a deal of work but as always trying to push the boundaries on this very long term build. :zen :zen :bat

Well made a start, the kerb's are down and a drain in place :soldier :soldier

a little mistake and a cut out in the wrong place in which will need to be filled

:pilot :pilot

Never seen a road that didn't have some patch work. Looks like a great place to put a little patch. :popcorn

Back