• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Von Ribbontrop`s Panther A

Thanks mate,...

No no no,.... Pups theres method in my madness :gogo

The spray will be a light browny buff effect for the dried dust and mud accumulated over a period of time washes will be done for splashed fresh mud and to add depth and shadow to break up the flat colouring and pin washes for grease and oils spots around the wheels` nuts and bolts etc etc

See i have it planned ,..honest :hmmm
As long as you know I am happy just ogling at your builds :woohoo:

Thank you for your great comments,....some more work,...this time wheels and tracks

h1b8b524.jpg

Very nice Andy! Looks like it's sitting in front of a mirror.

What's the deal with the tracks? Are you assembling them in sections?

Tom

Cheers,Tom,....Yes these tracks are going to be glued with Tamiya glue so I'm basically measuring them up against the wheels the ones beyond that will be glued with a rubber gel glue so they are flexible so as to simulate sag and weight etc,( if that makes sense ) They are in sections of four or five right now cos these magic tracks have mystical sink hole and punchmarks in them and I find them easier to clean up that way.

Thanks mate,...

Heres a few more pics of recent activity including, finally,I finished the track construction

he0815ad.JPG

h520c064.JPG

h3496fe9.JPG

hd6c8094.JPG

h7bd0663.JPG

Cheers Dave,

Sherman, they've been given a base coat of Vallejo black brown and a wash of reaper Black wash

I going to give them a bit of old scool dry brushing and then some Alclad metal on ummmmm the shiney metal parts,...sprocket teeth etc etc,and on the front of the track itself...you know what I mean.

Then Ill finish her off by actually doing the side shields and then finally some Tamiya buff dusting

Back