• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Von Ribbontrop`s Panther A

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Ok here goes with my entry into this campaign (y)

Panther A Normandy "304"

Please note pictures of the book are for reference only

The obligatory start up pictures

ha0d6217.jpg

h7228d84.jpg

h8eef9ee.jpg

h31c24c2.jpg

h0baf3b4.jpg

h6860f91.jpg

Now I have a bit of a dilemma according to the book graphic the panther is depicted without Zimm but I have seen a pic that looks like it did actually have Zimm applied does anyone know if this is the case ?

:popcorn

I would stick with a photo for reference on the Panther and the art for paint reference

Yep,I also would go with Jeff's sugestion.
Being a Normandy Campaign Panther Ausf.A it most likely had Zimmerit.
always good to see another Panther.Will follow this for sure,Andy! :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Update time,..

Cleaned off all the wheels,..Im sure you all know what wheels look like so no pics of those,...

Dragon seems to have a weird 5 minutes and has done the ball gun position on the front plate in 2 halves :idonno but anyway thats been sorted as seen in this picture,.. Squadron green putty thinned with Tamiya glue to give the impression of cast texture

h171cf92.jpg

And again of the cast exhausts stretch sprue for the welds etc

hdfde42f.jpg

and another shot of weld beams

h84f2475.jpg

Hope you like !! :D

Yeah,I like it!

Didn't know you can thin green putty with glue,thanks for the lesson master Andy. :good:

Greetings,Ron.

Oh yes mate,..now I mean the extra thin glue with green top and get the glue brush into the top of the putty tube that way the putty will last for ages as you really are only taking out what you need.

To make cast texture take out a lump off putty from the tube place it where ever then load the brush with glue and smear it all over thinnig the putty as you go you can also control it round fine detail .

Sadly it does stink abit when you're doing this.

Hope this helps.

Update time

hfb6bf4a.jpg

hf6316e4.jpg

h9abfcd3.jpg

h85e5cb3.jpg

h025af3f.jpg

As you can see I am steaming ahead with this build and again I am heavily using my squadron green putty,...This time I have used it to glue down the photoetch grills with i have carefully dented to appear as the crew have walked upon them and they conform to the shape underneath and once again I have used the putty to simulate the rough texture of cast parts especially the gun mantle. I have also used a file and some tiny bits of plastic to enhance this effect,... I will be going back over on these parts at the end of the build to see if it looks ok in time for the painting processes

Enjoy :D

Back