• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Von Ribbontrop`s Panther A

update time

I redid the camo paintwork as I felt the camo wasnt close enough to the picture I was doing it from and in doing so i got the shapes right but the red/brown camo lines were too thick...oh well we all need to practice ,right ?
I applied some decals supplied to me but sadly that are very very thickly printed and quite horrible really as they were so stiff even after a good soaking,...on the rear of the turret I had to paint the "0" as it just would not conform to the shapes, I then had to repaint over the decals to match up. looking at the pictures the decals are way over proportioned to the actual book picture,..but I think after weathering they wont be so stark and will blend in better

Anyway enough moaning heres a couple of pics

hc07b4d6.jpg

h3b238d8.jpg

h31c24c2_2014-08-15.jpg

A little more progress

hd22419d.jpg

haa353d5.jpg

h5c17d48.jpg

Finally a comparison shot from the book art

hdc7de18.jpg

Still a way to go yet as I have not touched the lower portion of the vehicle and wanted the upper structure to be just right, ( Shhh dont tell anyone but,....This is my very first commision piece so I need it to be spot on as that is what the customer wants ) :eek:hyeah

A little more progress

hd22419d.jpg

haa353d5.jpg

h5c17d48.jpg

Finally a comparison shot from the book art

hdc7de18.jpg

Still a way to go yet as I have not touched the lower portion of the vehicle and wanted the upper structure to be just right, ( Shhh dont tell anyone but,....This is my very first commision piece so I need it to be spot on as that is what the customer wants ) :eek:hyeah

Looks good Andy, think you need just a bit of yellow on the rare quarter of the turret, just above the brown check mark shaped stripe, just a touch if you want it spot on, other than that, NAILED IT!

Don't you just love painting wheels! :laugh:

Looks good do you plan to add some washes?

Terry (y)

Cheers mate,....Wheels and tracks are my least favourite things to do, Terry, and yes they are going to be lightly oversprayed with my mud coloured concoction and washed and dirtied etc etc etc

heres probably a better pic

h17ce3a4.jpg

Thanks mate,...

No no no,.... Pups theres method in my madness :gogo

The spray will be a light browny buff effect for the dried dust and mud accumulated over a period of time washes will be done for splashed fresh mud and to add depth and shadow to break up the flat colouring and pin washes for grease and oils spots around the wheels` nuts and bolts etc etc

See i have it planned ,..honest :hmmm

Back