• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

V100 * * F I N I S H E D * *

V100 - Opinions / suggestions please

Ok I'm going to be the wet blanket. Weathering and the the amount depends on where you are depicting it so the color and the amount looks fine, however it does look inconsistant. Not that dirt/dust on a vehicle is symetrical it does collect in simular places. If you are going to put dust/dirt around one vision port it will proabably collect around all or them. It will collect around bolts, mounting brackets, and almost anything that creates and angle against the hull. The wheels and tires seem to clash with the rest of the vehicle. That is to say they are too clean and shiney. Of all the places where dirt will collect the wheels and the underside of the vehicle are the most likely spots. These areas need to match the weathering of the rest of vehicle, but more than likely these areas will have more heavy weathering.

You are doing good, but keep at it.

Here are some period pictures. They should give you and idea of wear and weathering of the V100 in the field.

B)

h73ac37e.gif

h55a5958.gif

hbf6a641.jpg

hda7169f.jpg

h883dce5.jpg

hff24f48.jpg

h4ef30a5.jpg

Overall nice. I would put on some light washes of Tamiya buff on upper flat areas. By light I mean mixed 5% paint to 95% reducer, should look like tinted water. I think you need more red in the wheel wells and on the rear wheels/tires.

Ok Mr. T (y) That's what I like about this forum. One can learn alot from those more knowledgeable. :drinks

First thanks all, exactly what I needed.

Second, the tyres are a work in progress, I still have some very small delicate items to attach which wouldn't have survived any handling so when I do them and the inserts for the viewing ports later today I will also add more 'dust' but will blend it with a calmer tone.

Once again thanks chaps... Luv this place.

Ian.

So taking on board everyone's suggestions, I've re-coated the tyres and lower sides with a the same 'Vietnam Earth' but 'thinned' with a lighter greyish dust - not sure which one as the bl**dy label has fallen off.

I've also created some 'groundwork' - What do think ??

h3ac8589.JPG

Cheap'n nasty 'box style' photo frame.

h2d23efd.jpg

Trace inside perimeter on to a piece of thin fibreboard and cut-to-size, then box-it-in with Lego. Mix-up plaster-of-paris whilst adding some stones & cat-litter and a teaspoon-full of 'Vietnam Earth' pigment.

heceba0c.jpg

Carefully fit back in to frame, and leave it to dry overnight.

h865ea21.jpg

Ta-daaaa !! - Still not finished the vehicle (took one of the tyres off to make tread patterns in the groundwork so will need to re-weather that again). Other than that, just the light guards to finish and the 'stairs'. Also I need to fix all the viewing ports and the guns and finally open-up a couple of hatches. With some luck and a following wind I could be done just after the weekend.

All comments questions and criticism welcome as usual. AFN

Ian.

Admit it, you really were looking for an excuse to play with the legos...:rotf

Great job Ian, looks like good ol' red clay. (y)

Looks very good once again ... I think once you've added the fiddly bits It'll look very good waiting on final ... but looks like the final approach will happen soon .... Excellent job so far ... :popcorn (y) :drinks

Ta-Daaaaaa :java

Kit - Hobbyboss 1:35
Paint - All Tamiya acrylics
Decals - SuperScale/Squadron 350001
Extras - None.

h85ef4f4.JPG

h22add47.JPG

h5914459.JPG

h98c0a9f.JPG

h4a37938.JPG

h42ee641.JPG

hb9f6e39.JPG

hada05ec.JPG

Y'all should share the credit for this one, when I asked for 'direction' and assistance, everyone chimed in with good, positive and most importantly do-able advice. Thanks guys, sincerely.

A proper joint-effort.

AFN

Ian.

Good job Ian, the only thing that jumps out at me is there's no dirt on the front axle where the wheels mate. Slap some up in there and you've nailed it! (y)

Back