• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

V100 * * F I N I S H E D * *

V100 - Decals on.

SuperScale sheet 35-0001, produced with Squadron and printed by Cartograph. Behaved exactly as you would expect decals with this pedigree to behave !!

hf7e11dc.JPG

h09c4069.JPG

hc12bd5d.JPG

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. More next week, have a great weekend y'all.

Ian.

V100 - Opinions / suggestions please

Oil dot wash went well:

hc8f62bb.JPG

h37492e7.JPG

The MIG 'Vietnam Earth', I'm not so sure about. This is only the third time I've used them, and in some light I'm very happy with it, in other light, I think it looks over the top. I was shooting for dry/dusty, just not certain if I got there. PLEASE give an honest feedback, chaps, I'd like to get this as 'right' as I can. TiA.

hd67b7dd.JPG

h882ac9a.JPG

h14d2c55.JPG

Yeah and before anyone mentions it, I know the front right tyre is upside down, I've corrected that !! AFN, thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Hi,

Build and paintjob itself are perfect ! Congrats.
But right now, standing alone, it looks more "rusty" then "dusty", guess that wasnt your plan

Options:
- on some small groundwork with the same reddish color, it could be perfectly right !
- stand alone it would look better if the color was more greyish, or yellowish ?

My 2 cents on this very nice vehicle

Willem

Great Willem.The flash really emphasises the 'dust' it isn't as pronounced in person. Great idea about sitting it on a similar coloured base/scene that would give it a point of context or 'place'.

Thanks for that.

Ian.

Great job overall , my friend (y) ....with the groundwork it will look better :eek:ldguy

Luiz

From my small experience with pigments when it looks alright to me the camera either does not pick it up or overemphasises it depending how dark the dust color is. I think yours looks stunning mate (y)

Looks good. As for a tyre being upside down, you'd be surprised at how often that can happen in real life.
James

Looks really good !
If i would build Vietnam AFVs this is the dust / mud look i want .

Here a modern photo of Vietnam........ looks like the ground is rusting away

Better to look at Modern day pics than looking at period Photos if you want the correct color of the countryside
"A great model/diorama builder told me once''

hc70cc8d.jpg

It looks like the red clay we have around here. Think you nailed it Ian :soldier

It looks very nice Ian ... Like the others said I also think a base would make it right ... (y) :drinks (y)

Back