• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 COMPLETED

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Yard work this morning, spent the rest of the day with my wife. May have an update tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the nice comments, I've been having fun with this one.

:drinks

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Yard work this morning, spent the rest of the day with my wife. May have an update tomorrow.

Got to be way more fun than yard work :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

After getting another session in the yard this morning, I took Rhino's advice and hit the paint booth. This is AK Interactive 4BO Russian Green set, I didn't go all the way with the colors, stopped at Light Base, adding highlights to horizontal panels. Looks a little stark right now, but that's going to tone down as we add layers. Waiting on the question...

IMG_8329.JPG

IMG_8330.JPG

IMG_8332.JPG

IMG_8333.JPG

Planning to add brush painted highlights as Dr John suggested to MP before getting dirty.

Time to blacken the tracks and get the assembly done! Thanks for checking in.

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Best part is, you can do it all over again! :D

Looks like you're having fun.
drinks.gif

Regards,

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 Paint!

It's not easy being Green. :sick: You blend in with so many other things. It looks like you used the Kermit 4bO number 2, Ukraine frog-skin 2 part epoxy/enamel. I'm not sure whether your Green is correct. :rotf Looks AWESOME, Tovarisch! :salute :soldier :ro:

Thanks, guys! Man, is that the right green? Just like being at a Surgeons meeting back in the day. :laugh: :rotf

I am going to let this simmer overnight, maybe add a few more highlights with the airbrush, I went light on the front on purpose, but it looks lost when I see it on the monitor. Looks OK IRL, but you know how it is. :frantic

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Well to quote you, having fun is an important part of it - enjoy the ride!

Kudos to you for spening time with da' missus. Gotta date the wifey ya' know!

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Let me add that I like the fact it is so light. I am trying to learn to keep it light, I am finding my work is not stark enough in the early stages and it all blends away.

Can you please enlighten me asa to what you mean by blackening the tracks?

Thanks Chris, Bruce and Luiz, I appreciate the feedback.

Bruce, these are white metal tracks, so the popular method of weathering them is to use a chemical to "blacken" the track. You can learn much from the Sprue U. section of the forum, Tony Lee shared this long ago, check page two for the answer to your question. https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/after-market/69495-friulmodel-track-assembly

I have an old bottle of Black 4 Tracks, but think I'll use my "newer" bottle of AK Interactive's Metal Burnishing formula. More to come.

Thanks Chris, Bruce and Luiz, I appreciate the feedback.

Bruce, these are white metal tracks, so the popular method of weathering them is to use a chemical to "blacken" the track. You can learn much from the Sprue U. section of the forum, Tony Lee shared this long ago, check page two for the answer to your question. https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/after-market/69495-friulmodel-track-assembly

I have an old bottle of Black 4 Tracks, but think I'll use my "newer" bottle of AK Interactive's Metal Burnishing formula. More to come.

Thanks man! I checked that out - I wonder if it works on the white plastic tracks as well?

[/quote]

Thanks man! I checked that out - I wonder if it works on the white plastic tracks as well?[/quote]

Nope, won't work. It's a chemical reaction between the solution and the white metal. I'd paint plastic tracks, colors would depend on what you're building. Panzer Aces makes a color called Tracks Primer that looks swell on German armor, also can use a mixture of Tamiya Red Brown and Dark Grey to get a plausible metal track color.

I have no new update, maybe tomorrow. :idonno

Nice work so far :good:
Gotta include the wife in your spare time.
Happy wife--happy life. Happy life means MORE MODELING!!!

At least not in my house anyway. :idonno :( :blink :S.

Tim

Thanks, Tim! I'm fortunate that my wife loves to read, so she gets the hobby thing. I had the day off today, so I added some more highlights to the upper hull and turret. Looks better to my eye, still looks weird on the monitor right now.

IMG_8339.JPG

IMG_8340.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

Tracks are cleaned and drying, ready for the burnishing bath. Much more to come, thanks for checking in.

Back