• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 COMPLETED

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Many thanks, my friends! I've had a couple days off and made some progress, just hadn't taken time to post it. :blush: My Friuls came in and I dug into those right away. I usually chase the holes with a wire drill bit, makes the assembly go faster.

IMG_8048.JPG

IMG_8049.JPG

I bought some Armor Farm Track wire at the AMPS International Show in Atlanta back a few years and had stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it. I had intended to review it, but seems that the product is no longer available. :eek:hmy: It is not completely round and inserts into the track pretty easily with flat jawed pliers.

IMG_8046.JPG

The T-62 takes around 90 links per side, so I usually count out and assemble runs of 10 to keep track (no pun intended).

IMG_8047.JPG

Once I get 90 made up, I assemble the ten links to each other.

IMG_8050.JPG

Sometimes you get a little curve in the run, that's easily shaped back straight with a little gentle persuasion. :D

IMG_8052.JPG

I had to use the blue clamps to get the fenders to sit right and got ready to start the plumbing.

IMG_8051.JPG

I marked the fuel cells and drilled them to the appropriate sized holes to accept my copper wire fuel lines. I used some leftover wire insulation for the connectors.

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_8045.JPG

The three fuel cells are connected, there's a short run between the rear cells, then the rear tank connects to the hull. The second cell has a line to the front cell and the last line runs from the front cell to the hull. I spent a good deal of time figuring this out and then a friend sent me a diagram from a T-62 manual and thankfully, I had it right. :lol:

IMG_8053.JPG

The rest of the boxes were installed on the fenders per the instructions and reference photos.

IMG_8055.JPG

IMG_8056.JPG

I started assembly of the turret, it is in the drying position, so more photos later. Thanks for following along and thanks a million to Mike Roof for the Russian manual photos! :notworthy

:drinks

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Yeah, they easy when they are single piece tracks. :rotf

Glad you had some track kung fu going for ya. Looking good. :popcorn

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

There must be nothing like 2 102-link track runs, curled up on your desk, to give you that "I Still Got It" feeling! :dance (y) :ro:

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Russian "T's" are just tough looking tanks.

Great work Mike!

(y) :popcorn

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Thanks a lot, guys! I do appreciate the feedback. I have to admit, this modeling with one good eye gets tiresome at times. I added some extra details like the wiring for the headlights and the searchlight, that took some precision squinting. :pinch: Ready for primer and paint.

IMG_8197.JPG

If you look REAL close, you'll see the copper wires for the searchlight.

IMG_8198.JPG

I used single strands from some light gauge electric wire I had laying around the garage, drilled a hole in the end of the molded in conduit and stuck the wires in. A little CA on the backside keeps the wires in place. Just snip them to length and glue the leads to the lights. :ro:

Here you can see the grab handles and the fuel lines.

IMG_8199.JPG

Rear view.

IMG_8200.JPG

IMG_8201.JPG

I just realized that I have two more PE pieces to fabricate and install before primer. Oops! Good thing to post photos so the monitor shows the flaws. Just don't look too close! :rotf

Thanks for checking in and following along.

:drinks

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Looks like some mighty fine squinting to me Mike. Coming along nicely.
James

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

I used to know a guy that could do work like that....I wonder if he still can?

B)

Back