• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 COMPLETED

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

KKmCq11.jpg

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Wow, you call this a humble build? <- Referring to a PM.

This is better than some people I know do with two eyes!

Details to add a this stage, only if you want, would be more weld seams. I can point out where, some casting marks, and drain holes on the mudguards so rain water and melting ice does not pack up and cause a hazard to the crew and troops.

You had the Mig Productions fuel lines but it seems you made your own anyway?

That is crazy cool on not taking the easy way out!

Celebrity-Big-Brother-Day-3.jpg

Regards,

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

That dark side shadow monkey has sorta taken hold on him, huh? :rotf I'll find that clip and post it.

Thanks Saul! I kinda quit on the weld beads until I got a sheet of Archers at the recent AMPS show, will add more before it hits the paint. Point away, now's the time

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Looks like a beauty to me Mike! I could get into this MBT thing...been looking at some other ones in addition to my Meng kit...maybe a Leopard or LeClerc- but ouch! $60-70 a pop....not on a teacher's salary ;)

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Here are the holes in the fenders. I remember poking my finger through them with room to spare so they are at least 15mm in real life. Once you know about them, it is hard to ignore them.

hd1f441f.jpg

h9366f86.jpg

hfd45fa0.jpg

h041b64a.jpg

Front fender details which are obvious if you know about them.
h0e1c208.jpg

Missing welds on engine deck to rear wall:

h1c96137.jpg

h0282f92.jpg

h58ff849.jpg

Regards,

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Yes, thank you Saul!!! I'll have to study them and make some adjustments. :notworthy :drinks

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Mike, keep the instructions as I sent the kit you bought without them.

They are online if needed:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10093179

Regards,

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

After studying Saul's photos, it is very apparent Trumpeter left off numerous weld beads and we can't have that. SO, I broke out the Aves Apoxie Scuplt and set to work. This stuff works well, better if you have the patience to let it set up long enough for it not to be ultra sticky. I made a small diameter worm and wrapped it around the hatches, then pressed it into the form of a bead. Texturing was done with a chisel pointed tooth pick and my filler knife.

IMG_8288.JPG

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

Trumpeter did include the drain holes as shown in Saul's photos, so I chased them with a drill bit to open them up.

IMG_8292.JPG

Most of the holes aren't visible because of the fuel tanks and such, but I think they add to the character of the build. More tomorrow. Thanks again for the photos, Saul!

:drinks

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962

Thanks guys! Got the hull and turret in primer, raining here this PM, so base coat will have to wait until this weekend. Bruce, I'm just passing along stuff I've learned from others. B)

Back