• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter E 10

Sorry for my lack of updates this week, I did get the base color on the E 10 last Sunday. My wife wasn't feeling well, so I cut my bench session short to sit with her. Here's where I left off, Tamiya XF81 Dark Green over Tamiya Gray primer.

haab130a.JPG

h73e83cd.JPG

While I was waiting on the green to dry, I started cleaning up individual track links, there's only 100 links per side. :idonno :gogo I had about 80 cleaned when I had one pop out of my grip. I heard it hit and went looking. There's a heat register a few feet from my bench and guess where the link landed? :pinch:

h2a1f930.JPG

Of course, when I tried to get it off the register... :bang head

My wife came to the rescue with her trusty Dyson and retrieved it from Purgatory. :laugh:

This morning, I started applying the camouflage. Lots of masking tape and patience.

hf0e3939.JPG

h9c5e5dd.JPG

hd9ea790.JPG

Tamiya XF 24 Dark Grey followed by XF 27 Black Green.

h721834a.JPG

hb86c7c5.JPG

Creature of the night, much more to come.

Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Yeah I missed this yesterday, way cool! :soldier :pilot

Thanks Bob and James, I appreciate your support. Lots more to come, thanks for coming by.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that. Luiz, you inspired this paint scheme, thanks again! (y)

Well, back to the bench after a brief recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery! I added some grey and brown filters for that dusty, rain streaked look and followed those up with some Tamiya gloss clear in preparation for the pin washes around the details and panel lines.

ha450a6a.JPG

h6417088.JPG

h8479878.JPG

The tracks are all cleaned, will assemble them once I get the pin washes done, dried and flat coated. Thanks for coming by.

Kind of a flat turtle, but all the better to hide. Thanks, Rhino!

Thanks Bob and Chris, always good to hear from you. :good:

My clear coat is dry and it's raining here, so I am going to get the panel lines and details pin washed. Stay tuned and thanks for coming by!

A REALLY speedy Turtle, with great big, nasty teeth!
http://www.tzr.io/yarn-clip/928ca962-f8dd-479c-892b-3e62eb7e623a
:rotf

Mike it's nice to see your recovery is progressing and you are back at the bench. :v

Thanks guys! I was getting so many work calls, I wasn't getting any rest, so I'm back to work this morning. Can't do any lifting yet, but going back to the doc Thursday.

I added some details yesterday, but didn't take any photos. :mpup Much more to come, thanks for coming by!

Back