• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter E 10

Wow, that's a very detailed piece for it's size . Must be tough tricky to work with the clear piece :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the feedback. Yes, the clear parts were challenging to work with. Getting the nib filed off, finding the locator holes and getting the assembly done wiped out about an hour. I have two more in the stash (the E 100 came with three) so the next one is going to get primed first. :laugh:

I meant to take photos along side another build for scale reference, it slipped past me. Will get that done next update.

Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

h8a218e8.jpg

Hmm............
I am a former Land Rover parts manager.

Thanks, Luiz and Frank! Got a show to go to today, bench time tomorrow. Thanks for coming by.

Sorry for my lack of updates this week, I did get the base color on the E 10 last Sunday. My wife wasn't feeling well, so I cut my bench session short to sit with her. Here's where I left off, Tamiya XF81 Dark Green over Tamiya Gray primer.

haab130a.JPG

h73e83cd.JPG

While I was waiting on the green to dry, I started cleaning up individual track links, there's only 100 links per side. :idonno :gogo I had about 80 cleaned when I had one pop out of my grip. I heard it hit and went looking. There's a heat register a few feet from my bench and guess where the link landed? :pinch:

h2a1f930.JPG

Of course, when I tried to get it off the register... :bang head

My wife came to the rescue with her trusty Dyson and retrieved it from Purgatory. :laugh:

This morning, I started applying the camouflage. Lots of masking tape and patience.

hf0e3939.JPG

h9c5e5dd.JPG

hd9ea790.JPG

Tamiya XF 24 Dark Grey followed by XF 27 Black Green.

h721834a.JPG

hb86c7c5.JPG

Creature of the night, much more to come.

Thanks for coming by!

Thanks, Rhino,Chris and Mata! I appreciate your support.

Tracks are all cleaned and ready to assemble, nothing more will happen until next Sunday. :( Have to work next Saturday.

Thanks for coming by!

Back