• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter E 10

Can't divulge that info due to OPSEC Dave. :rotf

Yesterday , we met a lot of interesting people and modelers.

Can't remember having such a good time in......Well, let's say it's been so long I can't remember.

Let's just say the 11:00 till 2:00 lasted till 4:00 pm (16:00 hr ) and I never once thought I should have Left earlier :D .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good!

h8302a4a.jpg

Thanks guys! Progress was hampered in part by the sunny and warm weather(high 60'sF in January) yesterday, I took time to knock out some woodworking projects while the rain stays away for a bit.

If I shoot some Tamiya rattle can, Alclad and follow those up with some Bondo filler on another project, I just might stink out the gremlins? :hmmm

Wish me luck. :mpup

Thanks Terry! B)

Thank you, Mats! Surprisingly, this one isn't that small. I'll post something for scale reference next post.

:drinks

A wee update, I am making a display base for Rhino's papa's Mustang and put the first coats of sanding sealer on it. Thinking it might help solve the gremlin infestation, I brought it into the shop to dry. Very smelly, but effective! I also "welded" the hull seams on the E 10 while watching the AFC playoffs, the Tamiya Extra Thin cement added a piquant aroma to the shop, driving the gremlins into hiding.

Here's what I was working on. Using Evergreen .020 plastic rod and my Exacto.

h07765db.JPG

h2ccc445.JPG

h7f47061.JPG

Years ago, I built the Dragon E 100 super heavy, but did not use the night vision optics. I stuck them in the parts bin for future use, that being now. Dragon molded these in clear plastic, really not sure why, as only the lens would be clear. :S Working with the clear parts on a late afternoon was difficult to say the least, but I managed to get it together and added some lead wire cables.

h3722496.JPG

h07e62f1.JPG

hfc3bf80.JPG

h52956d2.JPG

h125b675.JPG

I primed it this morning, along with the road wheels. I realized I do not have the appropriate barrel for this machine, so I ordered up one from Lots of Models, hoping it gets here this week so I can continue. More Rommel double secret modifications to come, stay tuned.
Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Back