• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thatch Buffalo

Ok, aircraft dope is in fact clear lacquer with aluminum powder added .

I'm leaving it at that .

Cheers, Christian B)

So I got all sorts of aluminum lacquer paint. Which one? :tomato

Meanwhile...

Played around with the photo edit on google.

h5ad575d.jpg

:pilot

Not really Ian, you look at the photos back then, these birds were pretty well maintained and it was a paint. Aluminum paint but paint none the less.

I'm going to use Dark Aluminum over gloss on this.

Alclad Chrome, with a mist of tamiya Smoke over it, then model master metalizer sealer for that not-quite-shiny finish. :bang head
OR! You could just go on tormenting Chris! Bless his Heart! :rotf

Alclad Chrome, with a mist of tamiya Smoke over it, then model master metalizer sealer for that not-quite-shiny finish. :bang head

Thanks Chris . He was not really asking a question. :S

I've already been chastised this AM from him.

Chrome would be too bright for this. I did Chrome on the Jug a while back and toned it down with a blue mist like you say. Then dirtied it up real good but it didn't draw much attention on the one outing it had.

BTW Chris, this is where i'm getting my Yellow Wings Scheme 411.

http://www.researcheratlarge.com/Aircraft/YellowWings/

There's a guy on Scale Auto Magazine's forum that has shot a plastic spoon with every color he's ever used and wrote the name of the color on the back for future use. Cheap and effective, no more guessing.

IMG_8387.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

Of course, you could try a pair of these to wear while you're painting. :coolio

silver_shoes.jpg

:rotf

Glad you made it to the bench! :good:

My Brother,
The most important thing, in any Model Mischief, is for YOU to be pleased with the result. I've used the TLAR method on "Yellow Wings" before. I was only playing, just a bit.
If I have wounded your model-pride, I apologize, most profusely.

Is there any possibility overthinking the build, detracts from the fun of what modeling may be? I know you can't help yourself, Oh I.T. Wizard. Your Sahara M3 Lee was most excellent!! :ro:
We should expect nothing less from Jimmy's Buffalo.

My Brother,
The most important thing, in any Model Mischief, is for YOU to be pleased with the result. I've used the TLAR method on "Yellow Wings" before. I was only playing, just a bit.
If I have wounded your model-pride, I apologize, most profusely.

:idonno For what??
I'm good, just haven't found the time to slip to the garage yet. Work emails piling up that I have to get off my back before next week.

Is there any possibility overthinking the build, detracts from the fun of what modeling may be? I know you can't help yourself, Oh I.T. Wizard. Your Sahara M3 Lee was most excellent!! :ro:
We should expect nothing less from Jimmy's Buffalo.
Yeah Lullu Belle.... :bang head
The tracks have slipped me up. :bang head :bang head

There's a guy on Scale Auto Magazine's forum that has shot a plastic spoon with every color he's ever used and wrote the name of the color on the back for future use. Cheap and effective, no more guessing.

IMG_8387.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

Of course, you could try a pair of these to wear while you're painting. :coolio

silver_shoes.jpg

:rotf

Glad you made it to the bench! :good:

Those shoes remind me of the monopoly pieces. Anyone wanna play? :D

Tim

Get a pair of those shoes, Bob. Then you can put some yellow wings on the ankles... :geek :tomato

Has it really been a month since I updated here? Well yeah it's been a month since I had time to do anything. Life getting in the way to get quality bench time, even when I sneak in an hour or so things still distract me. Maybe a drink or three may help. :rotf :drunk

I'm gonna get some Navy Wings if it's the last thing I do.

hd53888f.jpg

Got the primary colors on and now letting Alclad Aqua Clear (or Future if you want a cheaper alternative) cure up before starting with some decals. Prop and landing gear dry fitted right now. :pilot

Back