• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thatch Buffalo

Nice to see this one back on the bench, that kit is older than some married with children that I know :eek:ldguy dated or what eh, looking good so far :D

:drinks

Nice to see this one back on the bench, that kit is older than some married with children that I know :eek:ldguy dated or what eh, looking good so far :D

Thanks Tim, hope I'll have some time to get to the garage tonight. Sprubro order should be at the mailbox today.

Things have settled down at work, we found the engineer who screwed up the network :smack (I kid not).

Thanks Tim, hope I'll have some time to get to the garage tonight. Sprubro order should be at the mailbox today.

Things have settled down at work, we found the engineer who screwed up the network :smack (I kid not).

LOL! :rotf
The old joke is that engineers design it and then technicians redesign it so it will actually work.

The old joke is that engineers design it and then technicians redesign it so it will actually work.

And on the way home from work one of the engineers emailed me wanting me to look at their network to see what's wrong with it. :bang head

And on the way home from work one of the engineers emai
led me wanting me to look at their network to see what's wrong with it. :bang head

I'm sorry but I always though that was the purpose of the engineers . " to test the ability of the maintainers "

A lot more progress than before.

h4ff17ba.jpg

he6e7b95.jpg

Canopy doesn't fit right, some shimming and skimming in order.

Need to figure out the exact color codes, it's important for these Yellow Wings.

That is some neat work!

Primer on, Willow Green on the cowl tonight.

h85a9622.jpg

h3f898c9.jpg

So what silver should I go with? The color is Aluminum Lacquer. I ~~think~~ I want to use one of my Alclad colors. I was thinking a gloss coat on top of the primer, flat coat on the control surfaces. I don't see this getting a lot of fading because these birds would have been well maintained.

Very true. I did that with the Eagle on Tuesday, looks and feels fantastic. Should get that one over the piano keys today.

Ian.

I'm not sure what the correct description would be Bob . The ones that I was around always looked sort of gray from a distance . ( They were probably old ).

Of course up close they looked silver . Maybe the metal shavings in the paint oxidised over time :idonno .

Lot of references for Floquil old silver .

Cheers, Christian B)

Chris the instructions in the Yellow Wings decals, or maybe somewhere else, states that the scheme prior to 1940, think a specific date was given, was Aluminum Lacquer then after that date it was a silver grey paint. I'll look up the specifics but I'm sure that's where you're seeing the grey vers aluminum.

No idea what the difference is. I am only familiar with airplane dope which is a clear base with aluminum powder . Sort of sounds like the lacquer in description.

Aircraft terms verses modeling terms :idonno Sounds like silver paint could take many forms ...

Cheers, Christian B)

Bob

Alclad's Airframe Aluminum gave my Ford Mustang Redtail build I did a while back it's awesome shine-- and I just used basic gloss black from Modelmaster for the base...

Back