• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thatch Buffalo

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going for my Avator wings. :pilot

I got a bag of parts, think I got them from either Ryan or Razor Dave, someone remind me. It's well stocked Tamiya Brewster Buffalo.

I gave a Buffalo a shot a long time ago but never finished it, not sure what held me up as I think I had yellow wings on it.

hd836bd8.jpg

hac9f714.jpg

Here's my startup, not sure when I'll start but likely soon as the Friuls are just driving me bonkers.

As the title suggest this is going to be Jimmy Thatch's Buffalo as seen from Wiki article. VF-3 on the Saratoga. You Aviators probably already know the colors I'll have to use for it, for those not sure, all you need to know is right there. All USN Carrier Aircraft had specific tail colors, squadrons had specific colors and aircraft were coded by color for easy ID...which is kinda hard to follow.

But it'll be in better condition, maybe pre flight before this incident.

Wasn't me Bob so must have been Ryan. Looking forward to this build. Those yellow wings always stand out. :popcorn

Wasn't me either Lol. Love those Tamiya Buffalo kits. They make for a nice build.

:huh:

It's hell getting old. :eek:ldguy I know someone sent it to me...oh well thanks who ever it was. Y'all know I got a doctors excuse right? :D

Nice ... if you went for the deck crash it would make a nice Dio ... or Venite ... just saying still this one will be nice ... Oh I didn't send the Buffalo either ... :pilot (y) also How long is the Doctor excuse good for ??? :rotf

:hmmm another Yeller wingy-thingy! And, a Buffalo to boot!! :woohoo: B) :pilot :smack Thanks Bob... needta git back to mine... :frantic

:rotf

I was thinking the same thing.

So call me crazy but I started this last night. Figured out where I got it from, one of the shows as it had a $20. price tag on it, rest assured I didn't pay that much.

The Decals are horrible, yellowed. I haven't had time to search yet but do y'all know if these decals are out there? I may even have the decals for the Classic Airframes kit I attempted.

Sweet. I remember building the Monogram offering as a kid. I only remember because it was all that was left on the shelf at Woolworths at the time and even then I considered it the uglyiest plane I even saw. I built it, then blew it up.

An awful lot of ruminating and still no plastic has been cut :rotf Such a social butterfly :coolio

Looking forward to another Buffalo :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back