• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry Labonte's '97 Chevy * * F I N I S H E D * *

Breakfast with 'Texas Terry'

This is a great looking finish Ian ..... Turned out very Nice ..... (y) :eek:ldguy :good:

Thanks all, seriously, I do appreciate all the comments. Just looking forward to putting another glossy coat on to it, then it should really 'pop'. But as mentioned before, it's suddenly gone real cold here and we all know that cold temps can cause an enamel gloss coat to 'fog' - If that happens you'll hear my screams over in Arkansas !!

:zen Must be patient, Ohhmm :zen

Ian.

Breakfast with 'Texas Terry'

Thanks Luiz, given your exceptional modelling skills, I really do appreciate your comments, always.

So as this is written it's a horrid cold, rainy, blustery autumn evening here (US = Fall). But around 1330 this afternoon, the sun burst through and we had three hours or so of gorgeous weather. Needless to say, I grabbed the opportunity and sprayed the gloss coat.

Right now it's pick-up-able but there's no way I'm going to start man-handling it until at least tomorrow afternoon. Also right now the 'glass' is drying-off after being dunked in a bath of Johnsons Klear/Future. It's the very last 'sub-assembly' before finishing.

If all goes well, in 24hrs it'll be done. So continuing the NASCAR metaphor, I'm on the White Flag lap just coming out of Turn 2...

...I'll be right back after a word from your local stations.

Ian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HAvOvZqc7o

...and across the line !! - But not sideways :coolio

hac4e970.JPG

ha8597e2.JPG

h6e5198d.JPG

h839f278.JPG

h6a561b6.JPG

h473cbc1.JPG

h7f2b10f.JPG

hed15e3e.JPG

hb66e0f5.JPG

Of course, as soon as I took the photos, I realised that I'd forgotten to add the exhaust pipes, but they're in-place now. Thoroughly enjoyed this build (again) and now looking forward to wrestling Ernie's Pontiac into submission. Thanks everyone for the comments along the way, as ever please feel free, to criticise, comment or ask a question.

AFN

Ian.

Very nice finishing Ian ............ Excellent job ......... Checkers for you 1st place !!!......... :eek:ldguy

Back