• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry Labonte's '97 Chevy * * F I N I S H E D * *

Breakfast with 'Texas Terry'

Anyone see a resemblance ??

h3b931e3.JPG

More soon.

Ian.

Looking good!!

And I just found out, that Terry Labonte is one of the 2016 Nascar Hall of Fame inductee's. Announcement was made this afternoon.

Looking good!!

And I just found out, that Terry Labonte is one of the 2016 Nascar Hall of Fame inductee's. Announcement was made this afternoon.

Along with some old school boys, Curtis Turner for one.

4-4-2006-51.jpg

Sorry for the hijack Ian. :frantic

Not a problem guys, was reading the same info on the NASCAR Facebook page a wee while ago. As for the Chevy, started decalling this morning, but working this afternoon, evening and most of tomorrow so no update pics until the weekend at the earliest.

Ian.

Chevy decals done in three sittings, however, the handling and the Micro-Sol has taken it's toll of the 'shine' in the paintwork, so it will need another coat of Humbrol Gloss-Cote (their spelling).

he3df560.JPG

h40da05e.JPG

he85016b.JPG

h78119b3.JPG

hd7deb2f.JPG

h9e47179.JPG

Bit too cold in the garage to apply the top glossy coat today, but I did mask and spray the window surrounds. I still need to paint the stiffeners across the windows and the guidance vane that runs down the rear window, but these jobs aside, I'm pretty close to finishing this one - White-Flag Lap, I s'pose... B)

More soon, real-life permitting.

Ian.

Back