• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry Labonte's '97 Chevy * * F I N I S H E D * *

Breakfast with 'Texas Terry'

B A M !!

h3db6b39.JPG

he46938d.JPG

h507a715.JPG

hf1984db.JPG

Tamiya Italian Red (TS-8), sprayed just an hour ago and already the outside is dry enought to touch - but I won't. Off now to the cabinet to dry/cure until after the weekend. Next I'll finish-off all the interior, and there isn't that much to do there except paint the numbers'n needles on the instruments and then build the thing !!

:java

Time for a coffee and a self-satisfied smirk, I think.

Ian.

B A M !!

h3db6b39.JPG

he46938d.JPG

h507a715.JPG

hf1984db.JPG

Tamiya Italian Red (TS-8), sprayed just an hour ago and already the outside is dry enought to touch - but I won't. Off now to the cabinet to dry/cure until after the weekend. Next I'll finish-off all the interior, and there isn't that much to do there except paint the numbers'n needles on the instruments and then build the thing !!

:java

Time for a coffee and a self-satisfied smirk, I think.

Ian.

WEll, smirk on :drool That's really looking good thus far (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Some progress ob the cage & chassis assembly:

ha599c8f.jpg

hb40f8b3.jpg

ha0f390a.jpg

h0249764.jpg

I learned the hard way, many models ago, that it is essential to let these sub-assemblies thouroughly dry before adding the rest of the parts, the stresses on the plastic are fairly substantial and once broken, they're NEVER as strong as the first time !! Ed, if you're reading this, bud, take note, OK ??

AFN.

Ian.

Some progress ob the cage & chassis assembly:

ha599c8f.jpg

hb40f8b3.jpg

ha0f390a.jpg

h0249764.jpg

I learned the hard way, many models ago, that it is essential to let these sub-assemblies thouroughly dry before adding the rest of the parts, the stresses on the plastic are fairly substantial and once broken, they're NEVER as strong as the first time !! Ed, if you're reading this, bud, take note, OK ??

AFN.

Ian.

I see ya caught up to me on the chasis!! WHy ya think it took me so loongta git to this point? :idonno :smack :smack Yer comin' along nicely (y)

Just let it dry & cure for three days minimum. Didn't seal it, just waited, masked and sprayed.

HTH

Ian.

Just let it dry & cure for three days minimum. Didn't seal it, just waited, masked and sprayed.

HTH

Ian.

Patience...shame we can get that from the hobby shop, I sure need it from time to time.

Yup patience does sometimes work...

hfb88af2.jpg

h443f327.jpg

h5b57f43.jpg

About an hour yesterday evening bringing everything together and another 30mins this morning after my chores and before I sat-down at this here computer thing.

Happy with the result thus far, next...

...stickers :v - So once again, folks, thanks for all the comments and really positive feedback, always appreciated. Stay tuned.

Ian.

Back