• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Panzer II Ausf C

As many of you know, it's been a really trying time at the Iron Mike household. My vision has not come back after numerous retina surgeries and my mojo went with my vision. After Rhino came to visit a few weeks ago and he fixed my modeling chair and a visit from Phantom II today, I figured what the hey? Can't do any more than screw it up or lose the parts, so I donned the Optivisor, blew the dust off the parts box and set upon it. I had done the washes and drybrushing way back when and had assembled and painted the link and length tracks, so all I had to do was mate them up, huh? After a lot of fighting for an angle that worked and a little luck, he's up on his feet.

IMG_7047.JPG

IMG_7048.JPG

I stuck on the tools and antenna rack, drilled out the aerial bracket (man, that was an adventure in it's own!) and am ready to shoot some flat coat this weekend. It looks like I need to wipe some of the dark wash from a couple road wheels, but that's why posting progress photos is good, the lens picks up stuff I can't see in person. Modeling is definitely slower for me now, but I have not given up hope. Thanks for checking in, more to come. :drinks

I am soooo freaking pleased that you found your way back to the bench again even tho you had some nasty eyesight problems! :yipee

BRING ON THE IRON MIKE ARMOR! (y) :D
(and it does look good indeed!)

Gr,Ron

Friend Mike.

Glad to see on the bench again :dude !

Btw , wonderful job on the PzII...excelent , as always :good:

Best regards!

Luiz

:stinker I did NOT do ONE special thing! I just continued to have faith, that my good friend would find a way to find his Model Mojo, despite his obstacles, :bang head and encourage said Good Friend!! YOU DECIDED!! It was your decision to make all along, and it took some courage! I"M so PROUD of you I could BUST!! :good: :ro: To celebrate your return to the Bench, I just put some Shellback in one of my precious bottles of Cheerwine!! :drinks :pilot :captain It looks GOOD! I'm glad!

A great big thank you to all my friends for your support, I'd have given up the hobby if not for you. :notworthy Here's the push to the finish, I decided to try a couple new tactics with regard to weathering. Since you last saw it, I flat coated everything with Testors Dullcote mixed with home center lacquer thinner. I bought a bottle of Dullcote many years ago and am getting close to needing to find another bottle. :eek:hmy:

IMG_7052.JPG

IMG_7053.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

The flat really brought out the streaks from my previous dot filter. I added some chopped up "straw" made from Woodland Scenics materials and a hank of old hemp rope. When you chop this stuff, keep chopping. When you think it's small enough, chop some more because the stuff seems to grow as you use it.

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

I affixed it to the tank using Model Color Flat Varnish, just paint on a bit and drop the straw into the varnish. It dries completely flat and holds the straw in place.

IMG_7063.JPG

I'll clean up the stray fibers from my cotton swab that I missed and finish him tomorrow.

IMG_7065.JPG

Getting closer. :drinks

Outstanding work, especially considering the kit.

Photography is a great tool, I use it a lot with sculpting. If I think it's getting somewhere, I snap a pic then know how far off I really am. :D

A great big thank you to all my friends for your support, I'd have given up the hobby if not for you. :notworthy Here's the push to the finish, I decided to try a couple new tactics with regard to weathering. Since you last saw it, I flat coated everything with Testors Dullcote mixed with home center lacquer thinner. I bought a bottle of Dullcote many years ago and am getting close to needing to find another bottle. :eek:hmy:

IMG_7052.JPG

IMG_7053.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

The flat really brought out the streaks from my previous dot filter. I added some chopped up "straw" made from Woodland Scenics materials and a hank of old hemp rope. When you chop this stuff, keep chopping. When you think it's small enough, chop some more because the stuff seems to grow as you use it.

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

I affixed it to the tank using Model Color Flat Varnish, just paint on a bit and drop the straw into the varnish. It dries completely flat and holds the straw in place.

IMG_7063.JPG

I'll clean up the stray fibers from my cotton swab that I missed and finish him tomorrow.

IMG_7065.JPG

Getting closer. :drinks

Man when you make a return you do it well.

Great job Mike!

I gotta agree with Bob! (y) Nice lil additions with the straw & hemp rope too!! :drinks Let's see what else ya got up yer sleeve!! :hmmm

There you got it!Right from the dusty Polish country side in September 1939! (y) :notworthy

Love what you did so far,Mike!
Don't forget to give the turret MG 34 some gun metal color,buddy. :popcorn

Gr,Ron.

Great to see you back at the bench Mike.

And I really like that idea w/ the rope. Never would have thought about adding something like that.

Back