• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Panzer II Ausf C

IMG_6799.JPG

Impressive!

Very nice Miike, I really like how the weld beads came out. Just glue them on w/ CA and then work it over gently w/ a knife? No other tricks or anything to get it?

Nope, no tricks to it. I got that tip from Terry way back in the TNT days when I was building my KV-1.

Thank you to all for your comments, I appreciate the feedback. I painted the panzer a couple days ago, but did not take any photos until today. The hull and turret were primed with Vallejo acrylic-polyurethane Surface Primer German Panzer Grey. This lays down very smoothly and has a bit of a satin finish. I then added AK Interactive's Dunkelgrau from the German War Colors 1937-44 color set to the panels, followed by a highlight layer of Dunkelgrau and a dash of AK Cremeweiss AK092. Sounds like a cooking show, huh?

IMG_6800.JPG

The muffler was painted with Humbrol 113 and I formed the PE shield around a wooden dowel. The shield was primed with Tamiya white primer, very fine stuff so it wouldn't clog the screen and was painted with Dunkelgrau.

IMG_6801.JPG

I was a little concerned the grey was too dark, but some dry brushing with Humbrol 187 and some Faded Grey oil colors had me feeling better about it.

IMG_6802.JPG

The tools are in the first stages of paint, all acrylic base coats except the polished metal, which is Humbrol 27003. I'll dirty them up as I get closer to installation.

IMG_6803.JPG

The road wheels are all painted and I'm getting ready to start the tracks. More to come.

:drinks

Looks good! You might consider putting on a light coat of future and doing a pin wash to bring out the details. Then re-seal before moving to the weathering.

Terry (y)

That's in the plan, going to get a few more touch ups done before I go there. B)

:v
Thatsa very naasa' Just a bit of schmutz to get him looking invasion worthy!!
A fine rendition of a big liddle Tank!

Back