• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Panzer II Ausf C

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
OK, I just gotta get one of those cool ribbons! Here's my entry, the Tamiya Panzer II kit.

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_6792.JPG

IMG_6793.JPG

I'll be adding a couple parts and will be sporting a natty grey paint job.

:drinks

Kit arrived at 5:45 EDT, here's where we are tonight.

IMG_6794.JPG

This looks like a really nice kit!

Peer pressure, I tell ya! :laugh: I have been pecking away at this one, almost ready to get to the painting. I replaced the guns with pieces from RB Model, I think they make a big difference.

IMG_6795.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

The PE for the muffler has not been installed yet, some of the reference pictures I've seen have the rusty muffle showing under the painted screen. I'm still not sure which way I'll go.

IMG_6797.JPG

Ought to have this one in primer yet tonight. B)

Thank you, Randy! It feels good to get back to the bench, even if it's not at full strength. Here's a couple more pix I forgot to post. The turret is missing a couple weld beads on the lower corners, so I borrowed Mr T's weld bead trick. Using .022 silver solder and CA, I glued the solder over the gap.

IMG_6798.JPG

Let this dry a bit and the score the weld beads into the solder with an X-Acto blade. Easy and effective.

IMG_6799.JPG

Now to run back through the instructions and make sure I didn't leave anything off I didn't plan to. :laugh:

Looking pretty good Mike. Those barrels sure look nice. Also that is a great tip on the welds. Never even thought of that.

Back