• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom 1/35 king tiger

h363383e.jpeg

h550ffae.jpeg

ha00f02b.jpeg

hfc3d564.jpeg

h0d50e93.jpeg

h1b333d9.jpeg

after finally "screwing my nerve to the sticking place" and building the tracks, I can now dirty them up and carry on over the hump I believe...Yes, I have test fitted the upper hull, the turret and main gun...and they will fit!

Thanks again for looking in and for the encouragement, I really do appreciate it!

Luiz, my first kit didn't have the jig either, I found it in the second kit and after digging around in the envelope with the photo etch and decals I found the instruction sheet for the jig. I am of the opinion the jig and instructions for it are an addendum to the kit. Possibly in newer/later releases?
Chris

Thanks again for looking in and for the encouragement, I really do appreciate it!

Luiz, my first kit didn't have the jig either, I found it in the second kit and after digging around in the envelope with the photo etch and decals I found the instruction sheet for the jig. I am of the opinion the jig and instructions for it are an addendum to the kit. Possibly in newer/later releases?
Chris

:good: :drinks

Luiz.

Final installment...for now. I've run out of parts, finally...I guess there was only six million parts for this kit, the left overs are for another version!
I will eventually make a dio. with some Tamiya and Dragon figures riding the tanks wearing cold weather clothing (thinking Falaise gap type thing here)
Anyhow, here's some pictures of "The King" as it sits now.
Sharp eyed folks may notice a bit of a gap at the front and rear hull joins (brass pins are holding the rear bulkhead in place so as to be removable) if I pull one rear brass pin out the rear bulkhead comes off and the whole upper hull is then removable to show all the internal detail.

Was it Oddball who said "Nobody said nuttin about no tagers man"? (Kellys Heroes) Wrong version of "Tager" but still a great movie

Hey yup, I see that.
I tried again, site kicks me out says "fatal error contact webmaster" tried three times, got the same message each time...doesnt like my pictures I guess!

cache cleared, no joy, I may try again with the iphone and see what happens...if that doesn't work I don't know.

h0049aac.jpeg

h90cccb0.jpeg

h7250f50.jpeg

h6e6f1be.jpeg

h55e0528.jpeg

h977b328.jpeg

h968c694.jpeg

cruddy pics but, it's an iphone...

tried again from my PC still wont submit pics...fatal errors and all that

Back