• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom 1/35 king tiger

thanks!
it doesn't look like it'd be a very safe work environment with all that ammunition in there and moving parts everywhere...new respect for guys in the armour!

Some painting tonight, the yellow and some red oxide almost done, by almost done I mean I started painting. There’s a lot of wheels!
h3d0ac6b.jpeg

h894239e.jpeg

Dear Chris...Nice!...we are more or less at the same stage on KT´s works... great work, as always :good: Cheers :drinks

Luiz.

Thanks, I’m having a great time... I’m standing on your shoulders now and then seeing how some things are done

I added some “red oxide” colour and dark green, very thinly and some white over that with a kind of “field applied” thinking process. Then rubbed it all down to red and yellow in places and stepped back for the night. New to weathering tanks I’m not sure at what point they’d wear to. I doubt late war German armour had a long life span or a lot of spare fuel to go X country with. I think I’ll halt paint wear at this point and bigin dirt add (not “right now” as I’m going to try assembling the modules I’ve got built right now... work proceeds, gotta begin thinking about those tracks soon too.

h666955b.jpeg

h19d4e16.jpeg

Thanks guys, keep in mind I'm a novice armor modeller, so when I drop the ball at or near the end of the project you wont be too surprised... :D

Thank you very much!
I've chipped and stained the wheels, some more than others, some not at all, hopefully when all put together it appears random.

Looks great. Personally I love Vallejo track colour. It looks very good. Really enjoying the build so far. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks for checking in on my build guys, I appreciate the encouragement a lot!
Some more weathering and staining going on with the wheels... I may be procrastinating so I don’t have to tackle the tracks yet...

h853e70a.jpeg

h6fbd1c1.jpeg

hbaa279a.jpeg

hc94af00.jpeg

I started working on the tracks yesterday (Saturday) and by chance took a look in the Porsche turret version (my wife calls it ogling) the plastic when I noticed an anomaly between the kits. The Porsche turret version has a set of jigs to build the tracks, the henschel version does not contain these jigs, I conveniently borrowed them making the job much easier... relatively much easier. I did miscount the track links on one side and ended up short 2 links, of course I didn’t notice the error until after painting and weathering the tracks... so the left side now has 2 new “battle damage replacement treads

h8085b6a.jpeg

Back