• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Start of a diorama, "what if" Sweden 1946.

Some more small things done, camo and decals finally in place :bang head

P1080800.JPG

Tank belongs to the 9th. SS-Panzer-Division "Hohenstaufen"

P1080801.JPG

P1080802.JPG

Roadwheels...

P1080807.JPG

P1080809.JPG

The crosses in the kit was offcenter so the one i put on was from another kit, but I only had one :frantic

But now I found more, but they where not the same model :bang head managed to remove the decal...and the camouflage!
After touching up the camo i applied the new decals :drinks

P1080811.JPG

P1080812.JPG

P1080813.JPG

Some wear on the roadwheels, painted a couple of them dark yellow, repair after they hit a roadmine

P1080814.JPG

//Mats

Thanks James, Bob and Terry, yes I'm very happy with how the camo turned out, didn't wanna do a "normal" camo on this :)

Haven't checked in on this for awhile Mats but it is coming along very nicely. Love the paint job! (y) (y)

Thanks :) yes i'm happy with it to, tried to use the tamiya laquer thinner this time and i believe it was doing a big difference in how the paint behaved

Started painting one of the crew members, will be a pea dot pattern (I hope)

hcddeb26.JPG

//Mats

Great work so far Mats!I use lacquer thinner many times when using Tamiya "Acrylics",really like the out come...the smell on the other hand is :sick:

Pea dot camo for the figure would be cool for sure!

Gr,Ron.

Yeah I had no spatter now, not sure if it's all from the thinner or something else I did :idonno

I thought a pea dot pattern would be apropriate considering it's an SS tank crew.

Thanks Luiz :dude

Busy with the camo on this guy, it will be a variant on the Pea Dot that came in 1946... ;)

Fighting with fingers that fall asleep while painting so it takes a little extra time :(

h06a5665.JPG

h2a8112f.JPG

h6b02e0c.JPG

Still a couple of dark green dots and then a lighter green and some light brown dots

//Mats

Back