• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sicily 1943 (spring)

chris808 wrote:
Hi
Out standing work i love the way you led me into the origins of the dio with maps and arial pics will follow with great interest this project and iam learning some Italiano lol
Cheers Chris

Hahahaha, Chris.
This night more steps.

Cheers.

Yago.

Hi Yago,

I like your diorama. The buildings, the street and the fountain looks fantastic. I will watch the next steps of your work.

Greets Olav

olav Bellmann wrote:
Hi Yago,

I like your diorama. The buildings, the street and the fountain looks fantastic. I will watch the next steps of your work.

Greets Olav

Thank you so much Olav. I'm working every day. This week I'll post new steps.

See you here!

Thanks for seeing and posting!

Yago.

Well, so this follows his course. Already I have effected spent of putty with acetone (mixed) for the whole diorama.
First in the cobbles, erasing unions and covering the whole surface of stone pavement...

l071.jpg

And then I have gone on to the sidewalks...

l072.jpg

And almost one forgets me. Already I did the base of the source (what one sees of white color in the first photo inside the boulevard), that it was plundering in difference. So already it will not remain hollow in the low part.

Thanks for looking and posting here.

Yago.

New photos. In this occasion of the fountain and of his base in the boulevard. With the surplus of putty with acetone, I gave one gone on to the fountain. That way it was breaking this cleanliness of the pieces and was giving him something of texture, without erasing the details that it brings (very good certainly). After making the base of the fountain ready, I sealed everything with the same putty, leaving the integrated fountain. Some of you will think that it would be better to leave the fountain separated from the base to be able to paint her better, but the problem would come at the moment of placing it in his site and sealing the unions. I decided to make it like that not to change very much the color of the sidewalk and that of the fountain (though you differ from tone it will have).

l073.jpg

l074.jpg

l075.jpg

l076.jpg

l077.jpg

l078.jpg

l079.jpg

Shortly, I will return to revise this low part to withdraw these incisions or rebabitas that they appreciate.

See you!

Yago.

Hi Mate

Love the work on the fountain and the side works when thsi starts to paint up it will really come to life great work try to sleep as well lol
Cheers Chris

chris808 wrote:
Hi Mate

Love the work on the fountain and the side works when this starts to paint up it will really come to life great work try to sleep as well. :lol:
Cheers Chris

Yeah! When I had done more things, I'll start to paint with my new compressor :woohoo:
There is no problem with sleeping. Everyday I sleep 8 hours, hahahahaha.

See you and thanks for looking!

Yago.

While I am preparing material for the buildings, have placed the palm trees that I will put in the diorama. In spite of being discharges, they have the advantage of being finite, with which they will be able to be seen but will not remove many vision of the buildings. And I guard the option to make one third...

l000-5.jpg

l002-5.jpg

l001-5.jpg
______
l001-5b.jpg

The third one will not come badly. The circular bases will take something of land. And as everything it goes parallel, opposite the third palm I will put a base chunk cicrcular to give to understand this fourth palm that will not be physically. The third one I cannot place it very to the end for the topic of the showcase, since it would meet on the crystal and would end .... breaking.

l004-3.jpg

See you guys! Thanks for looking this work...

Yago.

Hey Yago
Terrific work here mate!
I love the scope you have undertaken.
I have tried the Kancali brick paving you have there, and loved its' useability. The flex is useful for curve areas etc.
Now take this as constructive criticism, but the plumber in me wants to know where/how the water drains (It must rain in Sicily right?!) There is no channels to complement the curbing or grates to drain the water away?
Look forward to the paint going on!
Brad

BradJ wrote:
Hey Yago
Terrific work here mate!
I love the scope you have undertaken.
I have tried the Kancali brick paving you have there, and loved its' useability. The flex is useful for curve areas etc.
Now take this as constructive criticism, but the plumber in me wants to know where/how the water drains (It must rain in Sicily right?!) There is no channels to complement the curbing or grates to drain the water away?
Look forward to the paint going on!
Brad

According to the photos that I have of this square (photos of the 30s), there were no water drains . The streets were in hanging and this age the way of directing the water for his exit.

SEE YOU SOON!

Thanks for looking, guys!

Yago.

Hi guys!

One month ago, I wrote the last post here.
Today, I'll post new photos with new steps done.
I hope you like it...

1st. I have changed the palm-tree bases.

l005-2.jpg

2nd. I have added a new section of sidewalk.

l080.jpg

l080b.jpg

l081.jpg

3rd. I have started to build the kits...

A) 60cm Flakscheinwerfer (Flak-Sw 36) mit Sd.Ah.51 - Kit by AFV Club
l008-2.jpg

B) German Motorcycle - DKW NZ350 - Kit by Tamiya
l007-3.jpg

C) Kubelwagen Type 82 - Kit BY Tamiya - will be painted again.
l006-3.jpg

D) Under construction
construccion-gif.gif

C) Three Opel Blitz (2 units) 3 Ton and (1 unit) 1 Ton - Three Kits by Tamiya and MIG's TARP
l009-1.jpg

While I continue mounting kits, here I leave you the ubiación of the rolling elements that will form a part of the diorama...

On the one hand, elements of the Luftwaffe in situation of march, placing in convoy both trucks (Opel Blitz of 3 tons dragging the area and the anti-aircraft cannon), a BMW and a Kubelwagen in stop in the left wings of the street.
On the other hand, elements of the Fällschirmjager in the opposite side, with an Opel Blitz of 1 ton, a kubelwagen and a DKW NZ350.

Ubicacin-elementos.jpg

l000-7.jpg

l003-6.jpg

l001-7.jpg
l002-7.jpg

Finalized the anti-aircraft, the dio will be ...

l004-5.jpg

l005-4.jpg

Buildings..

l082.jpg

l083.jpg

l085.jpg

l084.jpg

After stopping joining all the pieces that shape the fronts of the houses, I have initiated his exterior union by means of putty thinnered in acetone. That way I seal the unions and make it ready to refill the above mentioned unions of a more personalized way.
Though it is not estimated well in the photos, I have to refill some hollows and erase some of the unions in order that it remains totally flat (as example, the last photo)...

l086.jpg

l087.jpg

l088.jpg

l089.jpg

l090.jpg

l091.jpg

l092.jpg

Sorry for this long post.

Soon, more photos and new things...

See you!

Yago.

Hello Yago, Good to see some progress on this :) Really like how it all looks when you put some models in the square.

Randy

Thank you so much, Randy.
I'll post new steps soon.
Today I'll finish the buildings, and I would like to start to paint them...

See you soon here!

Yago.

Here you have pictures of the facades and textured and ready to be painted ...

LEFT SIDE FACADE:

l008-4.jpg

l011-1.jpg

l010-1.jpg
l012-1.jpg

l009-3.jpg

l014-1.jpg
l015-1.jpg

l016-1.jpg
l017-1.jpg

l018-1.jpg
l019-1.jpg
l021-1.jpg

l022-1.jpg
l023-1.jpg

l025-1.jpg
l020-1.jpg

RIGHT SIDE FACADE:

l000-8.jpg
l001-8.jpg
l002-8.jpg

l003-7.jpg
l004-6.jpg
l005-5.jpg

l006-5.jpg
l007-5.jpg

Hope you like it. If you see something strange, I say so. 20 eyes are always better than just 2 ...
What we do is advance with regard to the union of these three pieces high in the walls of the left side. In the photos shows a small red line ...

l025-1b.jpg

l009-3b.jpg

With the texturing achieved quite disguising the unión, but not quite. The phone wiring and other accessories (pots, etc) attached to the painting of facades, get completely conceal.

I hope your comments.

See you soon with more things!

Yago.

At the end of this weekend was not as productive as originally thought.
Between one thing and another I could do very little, but something awning.
I placed the partition separating the left side houses the diorama. For this I used foam board 10 mm. Then texturized diluted walls and sealed with putty joints.
And yesterday, during a moment of lucidity, I thought filling a gap that was rare in that side of the diorama. I decided to raise half seccón building facade and put a garage door at the bottom. For this I used foam board also 10mm and 3mm. And half Miniart garage door that had at home. Once mounted the front, texturicé surfaces and reseal the joints with the rest of the row of houses. And the result was this...

l026-1.jpg
l027-1.jpg
l028-1.jpg

At the front half, I will place a beer brand logo in the middle at the top.

l026-1b.jpg

And this is how it looks in the diorama...

l029-1.jpg

l030-1.jpg

Hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.

Yago.

Back