• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Second Chance Campaign

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what to call this one.

John made some really fantastic campaign ribbons over the years and there are a couple I would like to have on my signature. I thought maybe we have a Catch Up campaign.

The idea is, if there's a ribbon you'd like to sport, you make your claim and you have to build within the rules of that original campaign.

OR

If you started a campaign way back when and didn't finish, you can catch up now and rightfully claim your ribbon.

berlin1945_ribbon.png
88_ribbon.png
bc_ribbon.png
blitzkrieg_ribbon.png
bob_ribbon.png
bsb_2009_ribbon.png
bsb_2010_ribbon.png
camo2_ribbon.png
camo-ribbon.png
cds_ribbon.png
cdsr-ribbon.png
coldsteel_ribbon.png
CTA_ribbon.png
cwwb_ribbon.png
cwwf_ribbon.png
dhpc_2011_ribbon.png
dits_ribbon.png
elal_ribbon.png
eow_ribbon.png
faceit_ribbon.png
fc_ribbon.png
figure.png
figure_1012_ribbon.png
ggg_ribbon.png
halftrack_ribbon.png
helmet.png
hgwt_ribbon.png
hotrod_ribbon_2012.png
ihwt_ribbon.png
mbtafv_ribbon.png
mp_cornered_ribbon.png
mp_welldone_ribbon.png
mt4w_ribbon.png
oohh_ribbon.png
pb_ribbon.png
qosm_2011_ribbon.png
qosm_2012_ribbon.png
roadwarrior_ribbon.png
rsr_ribbon.png
scifi_2011_ribbon.png
ship_ribbon.png
torch_2011_ribbbon.png
twz_ribbon.png
UNM_2011_ribbon.png
UNM_2011_ribbon_2.png
usmc_ribbon.png
xhh_ribbon.png
xll_ribbon.png
xmm_ribbon.png

There are a few ribbons that will be exempt because they were alternative ribbons for existing campiagns and will be used for future builds.

Berlin and Torch are two I want.

Whatchall think? :coolio

Re: Make up Campaign

I think many modelers around here didn't get the chance to complete their builds in the campaign they entered;
being ill,lack of time because other real life issues got in the way...and so on,are all reasons why.

Yeah!...I like the idea of having another chance.I can see a lot of M.A-ers with a lot of ribbons if this will get enough votes.

Greetings,Ron.

I'd definitely be up for giving this a shot. I know there are a couple campaigns that I never finished, that I'm fairly close on that I'd love to get some credit for! Any thought on what the time frame for completion will be?

Guess we can work out the time frame and all later.

Been kinda slow around here this weekend, everyone doing their shopping for the holidays and what not. Let's see who all wants in on this.

Yep there's some I'd like to get. The Marine one for sure.

Terry (y)

I think its a fine idea! Where can one find the info as to what ribbon fits what campaign?

Easiest thing to do Ben is copy the ribbon you want and post it here and we'll let you know which campaign it is.

There's a lot of them there and it'll be kinda hard to list each and every one.

Great idea. I want the "great 88" ribbon, but from the moment of the end of campaign I already completed a gun, paint it and now I'm make an oil wash. I can participate?

This is a fine idea! My input is that only new builds or builds that were part of another campaign are eligible. If you started a previous campaign and didn't finish, now's your chance! Otherwise, normal campaign rules should apply. Just my two cents worth, mind you. :drinks

Great idea. I want the "great 88" ribbon, but from the moment of the end of campaign I already completed a gun, paint it and now I'm make an oil wash. I can participate?

Roman if it's the Flak 18 you started on Great 88 then yes, if you have not finished it yet, hold off till we do a start date.

Mike you're right. If it's a kit that was started for the requested campaign then that WIP will be allowed, otherwise it has to be a new start with the standard start photo.

For example, I can pick up the Hot Rod ribbon by finishing my Ford Fairlane but I could not qualify if I have a TBucket near completion in my stash. I'd have to start from scratch on a new build.

Got it??
:coolio

Start date needs to be after CTA or run long enough after to allow those who don't complete their entries to enter this one. Whaddaya think? :coolio

Roman if it's the Flak 18 you started on Great 88 then yes, if you have not finished it yet, hold off till we do a start date.

Yes, it is. I'll try to wait a start date...

And I want to finish my Sturer Emil, which I started in "eXtremly Huge and Heavy" GB. And I want to start a build to claim a ribbon for "eXtremly little and lethal" and "halftracks" and "more the four wheelers" and ... many other builds :)
How long the group build will last? And when we plan to start it?

The Sturer Emil will be fun to watch! I recall that build! (y)

I plan to build a diorama with Emil and PanzerJager I staying in a field near Stalingrad.
Something like on this photo:
Max-Emil-Emil-06.jpg

Back