• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sea Knight * * F I N I S H E D * *

Sea Knight

'Engine Grey applied

hc1402bf.jpg

hc0364bb.jpg

hca398af.jpg

More next week:

Ian.

Sea Knight

Wow, so clean and smooth! Man, I wish I could do as well with my paint work. Brilliant job man! Good luck on the decals.

Sea Knight

Ian,
Great paint job.
What paints are you using, inquiring minds want to know?
The smoothness and gloss means you should not have any problems with the decals
Now were did I put those sunglasses? B)
(y)
Frank

Sea Knight * * On Finals * *

Ok folks the decals are on now and it was a 'mission'. No issues with the quality or performance of what you get in the box and the instructions for the stencils are superb, just wish Academy would have given as much detail as to the placing of the aircraft-specific markings:

h70c378f.jpg

...ahhh well, moving on. What you see in these three pics is the project decalled and those decals sealed-in with a BRUSHED COAT of Johnsons Klear / Future. Still haven't decided whether to spray a coat of Humbrol Gloss Cote (sic) to finish it all off or whether to leave it as you see it - really would appreciate your thoughts, folks please ?

h77d28f9.jpg

h3c75122.jpg

hdee96de.jpg

So the next time you'll see it - probably early next week - it will be finished and I'll be performing a 'happy dance' or it will be in the back of the bin because one of the cabin windows has fallen inside the fuselage never to be seen again !!. Thanks for all the comments and support along the way with this one, always appreciated and never, NEVER taken for granted.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Ian.

Sir that is some FINE work and at this point the window should be an easy fix

Thanks guys altho' just to be clear (pun intended) NONE of the windows have thus far fallen into the fuselage void. I was just preparing myself (and you) for the worst case scenario as the masking is removed.

AFN

Ian.

...and we're done a day earlier than anticipated. No problems with the final assembly so I'm pretty pleased with my little self: :coolio

hcfe8226.jpg

h6718b45.jpg

h4584b41.jpg

hf190f27.jpg

hcaae673.jpg

h9b002f1.jpg

hdbe8d17.jpg

Kit was very straightforward to bring together with only one irritating fit issue (the lower rear fuselage / sponson sub-assembly on to the upper rear), other than that it was / is excellent. What this build has done is given me an appetite to do more helo builds in 1:48 (I have a Wessex and a Bell 47). Maybe next time something a little more warlike, who can say.

AFN

Ian.

Back