• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sea Knight * * F I N I S H E D * *

Sea Knight

Fuselage closed-up and filled / sanded. Rear 'dog house' not yet glued in to place, placed just for the photo:

7nWh2PM.jpg

yCixvT5.jpg

PnsiCG6.jpg

More soon.

Ian.

Sea Knight

Did you see this?

Happened last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ-mhmpHXic

That's some bad ass flyin' right there bubba.. :notworthy

Looking good Ian. :popcorn

Sea Knight

I know this is a modelling site but for a minute I'm going to be just a little philosophical. 

In the late 1970's I read a piece in the (UK) Custom Car magazine and a phrase has stuck with me ever since then. The journalist was talking about the builder of a particular project and said this: 

"Jeff is one of those blokes who resists the temptation to pull-in at 'that'll do' and drives right past until he reaches 'no, that's right' "

I am now 55yo, and I know that most of the kits that reach my workbench nowadays will almost certainly be the last one of that type that I'll be able to finish, therefore, like 'Jeff' I'm going to try my d*mndest to do each one 'right'. To that end all that lovely smooth primer has been rubbed back because of that terrible 'step' between the main transparency and the fuselage and the [barely visible] hint of a fuselage join along the spine, front of the forward 'dog house' and under the fuselage.

evNpVdi.jpg

g7VC25y.jpg

Gnvatnr.jpg

I'm so glad I took the time and trouble to do that, and the end-result will be so much better. If you're wondering about the 'orange' panel lines, experience has taught me that when applying a bright orange (or yellow) over white you often get 'light' panel lines where the undercoat just bleeds through, so it's a 'hack' to prevent this happening here.

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment. Please feel free to ask any q's aswell.

AFN

Ian.

Sea Knight

Magnificent work Ian. It's that type of attention to detail that makes a model a Masterpiece. Brilliant idea adding the orange to the panel lines. Keep up the remarkable work.

Back