• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz 30/4, light transporter "Katze"

mostly the black gloss paint i put on after (also tamiya rattle can) i have layed a couple of layers on one foot now and will test to see if it is the same now.
//Mats

You know, Paddy said he had problems with Tamiya Black Gloss a while back. Wonder if you went with Flat and gloss coat it later.

A looong time ago I painted a car body, primed with Tamiya flat black, then painted with Tamiya Gloss black...both rattle cans.

It came out surprisingly amazing...might be worth a try.

Tom

Ok i have managed to put the main colours on one foot/paw :) not sure what it was that caused the bubbles, but after rigorus cleaning the painting went pretty smooth :pinch:

P1120906.JPG

It will have some rust colours added to it so it's not so "bling bling"
Used hairspray and salt for the shipping

try to get the other 3 painted to..... :bang head
//Mats

Thanks :) just need to paint 3 more like that.... building and all that, but when it comes to painting i usually mess up things, must try and learn to understand the airbrush better and how to mix paints.
//Mats

Got some modelling done tonight, put decals on the trailer for the truck i´m building , and after that i found a perfect material for the fueltank that will hang under the walker, a mobile fueling system that could be dropped off wherever it was needed and then picked up again for refilling :)

P1120910.JPG

P1120911.JPG

P1120913.JPG

P1120914.JPG

just the basic shape of the tank, it must have pumps and other things to.

//Mats

I take that as a compliment :)
I'm busy with the fuel tank, making the mechanism for the fuel hose and some inspection doors.

P1120916.JPG

P1120915.JPG

P1120918.JPG

And for last a pic of the place where it all happens :)

P1120917.JPG

back to the bench!

Nice (y) (y) (y)
Maybe this will give you some ideas for mechanisms http://www.ipwtgroupindia.com/bro/airref.pdf
:popcorn
James

Busy with the fuel tank, the main structure is almost done, just some small details to sand flat.
Made some "horns" to help guide the tank in place on the transporter, will be a tube that fits on it welded to the body later :)

P1120928.JPG

P1120929.JPG

P1120931.JPG

Thanks for following along :drinks

//Mats

Not much done today, tired and my back hurts :(
I managed to get these small tubes in place and sanded off the styrene that was left on the tank

P1120939.JPG

P1120940.JPG

Sit nice! :)

P1120941.JPG

//Mats

Back