• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz 30/4, light transporter "Katze"

Bagge

Ok here comes the start pics, not much to show but a pile of styrene :D
Hopefully soon it will turn into a mean machine :geek
P1070092.JPG

P1070093.JPG

Found out i have alot of parts from my opel trucks to use for the cabin so the RSO cabin can stay on the sprue for now, hope i get some time to start this one soon i look forward to do some scratching!!
I maybe involve my machin krieger in this build to if it's ok? still some things to do on that one. and it will go together with the troop transporter so.. :D
//Mats

Re: My troop transport walker

Will be watching this closely Mats, love the idea of scratch building, just haven't been brave enough to do something totally from scratch.

try it and let your mind and fantasy flow free it's very fun :)

Well Mats your other walker already had me looking at an friends laser cutter. Hmmm I can combine computer graphics and modeling that way.

that would be awesome Dave! nice not to have to cut and sand all the pieces, and you are sure they are correct angle etc.
I couldn't help but starting the cabin today, used the late "wooden" type cabin, but here it will be made out of steel.
Need to scratch a seat and some details inside it (floor windows etc.)

PA010214.JPG

PA010215.JPG

PA010216.JPG

the markings on the back is where the chassi will attach to the cabin.
PA010217.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

last update for tonight, started the chassi build, mmm a maybach engine roaring behind your back when driving :woohoo:
PA010218.JPG

PA010219.JPG

//Mats

Ok here's what i done today, after trying to carve off the hatch from the old gun to my machinen krieger, i gave up and now i'm scratching a new one :bang head
PA020220.JPG

Old hatch and the hinges i found in the spare part box :D thanks dragon :cheer:
PA020221.JPG

PA020222.JPG

//Mats

Ok feels like i got nothing done today, but i have been at the workbench all evening :S
Here's what i've done B)
PA030224.JPG

Decided to have the enginehatch closed :soldier :soldier :soldier
//Mats

Hey it take time to figure all that stuff out. Looks good!!!

B)

:soldier small steps are still steps! :D
PA050225.JPG

Start on the floorpart and the walkways on the sides of the engine compartment.
PA050226.JPG

PA050227.JPG

Driver is restless, he needs to get moving :woohoo:
PA050230.JPG

Thinking of using the flatbed from an opel blitz as cargo-area.
PA050228.JPG

Well i better carve some more styrene!! :Hiay
//Mats

No doubt, I think that would be my greatest hindrance in scratch building something..that and skill... :woohoo:

Thanks guys! :)
MP, i don't think that would be a problem, just go for it and keep carving until it looks something like you thought it would look like hahaha
No rivet-counting here, that is so nice :)
//Mats

Really cool stuff going on here. (y)

I have an obvious question- seems like I ask alot of these! I'm just getting into scratch building, this thicker stock of styrene shown here- do they make snips that will cut this without it rolling? Both sets of my tins will cut this but it curls, and my scissors are useless, they roll it!

great little project here, i have two i'm starting after thanksgiving. CR

I don't know i just scribe one side where i want to cut it (a couple of runs with the hobbyknife) and then i break it, a little sanding after and the edge is smooth.
Even the cut i made on the floorpart here (zig-zag) was going good, just scribe and break.
//Mats

working on the details on the enginedeck
PA050231.JPG

PA050232.JPG

Start on the exhaust :stinker
PA050233.JPG

//Mats

Back