• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz 30/4, light transporter "Katze"

:) Thanks Terry!
Working on the 2 back legs, did the hydraulics on both and then starting the 3rd part of the leg.

P1090710.JPG

P1090711.JPG

P1090712.JPG

P1090713.JPG

P1090714.JPG

Hydraulic cylinders.
P1090715.JPG

Tonight i had it with to the modelclub, did some detailing on the knee, still need to be sanded down but thats for tomorrow when the glue is dry :D

P1090716.JPG

Saturday is the beginning of the last month on this campaign so i must stay focused! (not gonna work i know...)
//Mats

Now you know why you keep all your old model parts. :ro:

Looks good!!

Terry (y)

Small update, being a busy weekend so not much time for this cat :D
some pics of what has been done.

P1090763.JPG

P1090765.JPG

P1090766.JPG

Started trying out the design for the paws :hmmm
P1090768.JPG

P1090770.JPG

Glue safely!
//Mats

I have one leg that can stand by itself!!! :dance

P1090772.JPG

P1090774.JPG

And a view from inside the paw before closing it up :D

P1090775.JPG

Time for the second backleg to get done, i don't wanna work to much ahead on this one, just to see how it's gonna be, and then make the same things on the other leg.

Thanks for following along :drinks
//Mats

Re: My troop transport walker

I will do my best :)
you had a sci-fi build to i remember...... :)
//Mats

Re: My troop transport walker

Ok so i got something done here after a long while :cheer:
Decided to cast the feets in resin to speed up things a little bit (and if i want to make another one later...).

Here is some pics of the process.

P1120784.JPG

P1120787.JPG

P1120789.JPG

Mould done and i managed to get the model out to :woohoo:

P1120793.JPG

Three feets done and the last one is curing in the mould :)

P1120890.JPG

Wish i started with the resin casting earlier, than i could have saved a lot of work!

//Mats

That is very cool Mats. What are you using for the mold and the resin? Do you get it online, and if so where? Thanks and keep on building. You are really doing impressive stuff (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
:popcorn :popcorn
James

I bought the stuff here at a show, it´s from a company called Polychimie (www.polychimie.be) but i´m sure you can find it online to, search for RTV silicone, i like this product because it doesn´t smell and it´s easy to mix (resin 50/50 mix).
//Mats

been trying to paint the feets today, but it´s not going well :S get bubbles in the paint, not sure if it´s silicone from the mould that´s stuck on the resin?

Didn´t have that problem before with the castings :hmmm

new tries tomorrow!

Sweet dreams :zen

Back