• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz 30/4, light transporter "Katze"

just some small things today, my back is making it hard to sit still for any longer period.

made the handle for the fuelhose, old heller or italeri machinegun with some things cut away and some added :)

P1120942.JPG

P1120943.JPG

P1120944.JPG

This i made yesterday, filled up with epoxyputty on the leg, will do some green stuff over this to imitate a rubber/canvas cover.

P1120945.JPG

Also started making the decals for the tank, rauchen verboten, feuergefährlich, Achtung! etc :)
found some nice fonts that match the style used by the german army :dance

//Mats

Ok Saturday and yesterday i got some nice pills for my back so i slept for 12 hours straight! :side:

Started the day with cleaning up my bench, must get the truck build ready so the walker has to wait a little, and now i just printed out the decals for the truck (not shown here because then you know the name of our son ;) ) and also all the warning signs for the fueltank.
Messed up some setting when i printed out so the black on the big areas floated and cracked, but everything else looks fine, I'm Happy!
Just wait till it's dry and then hit it with some acrylic varnish to seal the ink.

P1120952.JPG

P1120953.JPG

Here you see the cracking good :(
P1120954.JPG

The paper i use comes from an English company called Crafty computer paper and they have all sorts of paper, www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk

//Mats

I think i should have left it at the normal setting, not best quality, to much ink i guess.
never had that problem before, usually mess it up with the varnish.....
//Mats

Think you're right then, best quality would lay down more ink and the decal paper doesn't really absorb the ink like regular paper would. But it's a neat effect, I would run with it. :popcorn

Gave it another try, i think it's something with the black ink because the colours come out nice, the black was a little better in normal print mode but still cracked.
Think i will try their paper that don't need to be sealed with varnish next time i order, and the dry rub off paper.
When i have something worth showing i post a pic :)
//Mats

This thing is really taking shape nicely (y) , whenever I see these walky thingies a song by a fella named Tiny Tim always seems to pop into my head............... :drinks

:popcorn

Thanks guys :drinks
I managed to solve the bubbly paint problem, sanded the surfaces on the feets so there where no "holes" and then went over with the primer, gloss black and metallic silver from tamiya, and it went fine! :woohoo:
Now is it time for hairspray and some salt and then dark yellow.

P1120961.JPG

//Mats

Back