• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratchaeronautics Casa 235M

Wow, that is some issue. I think you'll fix it well; you've got the mad skills to do so. I'm thinking the original molder didn't take into account the shrinkage of the resin.

Looking forward to seeing more.

good evening fellow alliance workers.
The Casa is beginning to look like an airoplane...a few pics, I wont bore you with the text of fighting with fitment, you're aware of that already.
although the picture may require some idea of why I took them, the first is the nacelles, the airfoil shape is inverted, I sawed them up and made them fit (good ole super glue) the 3rd pic is the asymmetrical horizontal surfaces (closer no but no pics yet) the rest of the pics are of the completed assembly so far, I have one wing low by 3mm so my efforts were not a complete success but it does have the appearance of 0° dihedral viewed nose on so I'm good with it.

hd4c4e67.JPG

h6553547.JPG

h526cd3f.JPG

h120f342.JPG

hdf9c514.JPG

h07738a2.JPG

I've attached the horizontal stabilizers using super glue and epoxy (and a wedge of plastic to fill the short leading edge root extension on the left stab.) I got the right side a bit low at the tip but, have adjusted it by the time I type this (hopefully it stays fixed) I've added a couple of pictures of my little problem.

h2465c48.JPG

h3c707f8.JPG

Thanks I hope it looks ok with the primer on, I've managed to fair in the horizontal stabs and get the vertical stab installed tonight...looks like an airoplane now. I've fitted but not filled the flap actuators (some gaps on the actuators but nothing big) With the main gear legs fitted the model now sits up on the legs (no nose gear yet) Oddly the model has neutral buoyancy, must have got the counter balance weight close
h5267c78.JPG

hc42b45a.JPG

h052546c.JPG

Thanks Christian
Unfortunately, unless I scratch the main gear from depleted uranium there’s no way to get more weight in front of the main gear...I could try looooots of paint on the nose, maybe that’ll help.
The nose gear (and spare nose gear) are unusable anyway, maybe while I’m making the new one I can figure something out?

Thanks Christian

Unfortunately, unless I scratch the main gear from depleted uranium there’s no way to get more weight in front of the main gear...I could try looooots of paint on the nose, maybe that’ll help.
The nose gear (and spare nose gear) are unusable anyway, maybe while I’m making the new one I can figure something out?

Sorry, it's not funny but the depleted uranium got me :rotf

Been there before :bang head I suppose a metal nose gear is out of question :coolio

Once again, I remember why taildraggers are more pleasant to build.

Guess I need to check out this Meteor before I go much further .

Good luck , Christian B)

put it on a speed distorted runway base and make it look like it's just started to rotate! :pilot

Great job, well done sticking to this. :popcorn

It does have that "about to rotate" look doesn't it? I'll see what happens with the nose oleo in place...go from there.
Thanks for looking and commenting.

That is a beautiful aircraft. You're doing an exceptional job on that model; I do hope you get the landing gear situation resolved.

Thanks for looking and commenting, by pulling the top of the fuselage down to flatten the top of the wing, the fuselage bulged in towards the joining half, I shaved the area and got a fairly uniform fit. Although if the CA. ever lets go there’ll be an explosion of parts everywhere.
I do have a bit of pressure on it.
Shark, I like the kit, I bought the Casa 295 at the same time as this kit but it looks like an improved casting, perhaps the 235 was an early product and he’s learned and changed methods since then?
I pre-orderd his upcoming ATR 72 kits as well.
There are a few short shot bits and some bubbles here and there but, when you want a certain subject you work with what you can get...
For my part, I’m happy with it

Thanks Chris,

From what I had seen online, it looked like they would take a bit of work to build. You are certainly turning this one into a gem! looks great so far!

:popcorn

Thanks for looking in on my model And thanks for the encouragement, I'll need it!
First coats of surfacer/ primer show more filling sanding needing to be done. The bottom hasn't been primed yet.
h0790719.JPG

h46408b2.JPG

thanks for looking!
single wheel nose gear, I didn't have plans for a base but, if it turns tail heavy yes, it'll definitely be attached to a base lol

Back