• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 P-51B Mustang for my Dad

100_2625.JPG

I spent the best part of sinus infection day at in the Office today. A teeny bit of future, and Voila! Instrument panel lenses! :yipee
100_2628.JPG

My mixture lever took a powder, so I made me a new one. I didn't like the Kit Port side cockpit panel, :bang head so I started over. I TRY to just put them together. :facepalm I DO!! I just cain't leeve it be.

100_2629.JPG

Cold medicine sometimes keep you awake. BLAHH!!
I found some screen, from my colorful youth, and backed the oil cooler. It seemed ok. Dude.
100_2631.JPG

If The Papa peeks in here, it will look something like this. Kuhl, Bud. Sh'yah.
100_2633.JPG

Starboard side console, throttle assembly, sanded wing pylons, and 1/700 Martin JRM Mars flying boat. :pilot :drunk :eek:ldguy :salute
Yippee!! I wonder when I will go to sleep? Stay tuned, Model Maniacs!!!

100_2640.JPG

Work slowed down some, so I skated home to do some modeling!! :yipee
I got the LH cockpit side panel the way I wanted it. I added the D model's sectional bin, and made a leather pouch to add to the front of the bin. The Revell 1/32 scale kit has a MUCH roomier cockpit than the actual Mustang.
100_2641.JPG

I busied up the RH side panel, and then PUT IT TOGETHER!! Yippee!!
100_2642.JPG

100_2647.JPG

Floquil Old Silver for the gun & ammunition covers. The Ol' Shangri La will be a touch shop-worn, so I wanted a good silver base. Same idea for the tank, and propeller blades. That's all for today!
Thanks for looking in! :pilot :eek:ldguy

I'm glad I took a peek! Nice and thoughtful model which I am sure your Dad will love. You'll probably have to pay a dollar to take a photo of him accepting the model...
:P

Regards,

Saul Nailed it! My Papa charges $1.00 for pictures. Funny!! :rotf
100_2649.JPG

100_2650.JPG

It almost time to put things together! Test fit of Cockpit to LH fuselage half.
Levers in the proper position. Gear down. Flaps up.
:eek:ldguy :pilot :eek:ldguy

100_2651.JPG

100_2652.JPG

100_2653.JPG

100_2654.JPG

The Revell instructions call for mounting all the sub-assemblies to the RH fuselage half. I almost deviated, as most of the Bump, snap-off, cuss, reinstall parts are on the Portside cockpit panel. :bat
I'm pleased with how busy & interesting (not accurate) the Cockpit is. I did all the knobs, levers, instrument lenses and selectors my Dad will see. as he would know almost all of them. I glued the cockpit to the RH fuselage half, fitted and taped the LH fuselage to make sure all this stuff will align (HA!!) properly on the Classic Revell P-51B. :bang head :stinker :facepalm
I'm diggin' the seat belts in 1/32nd scale. Some touch up will occur. Merlin & Firewall next! I do enjoy putting it together!! :yipee

P-51B___Jackie_Cochran.jpg

Since I've taken a lot of sinus infection medication, this seemed ironic to me. Jackie Cochran, (my oldest Girl-cat's namesake) with her Bendix Trophy P-51C racing Mustang. (y) :drinks
OR! Never mind!
Thanks, Men, for looking in!

100_2655.JPG

100_2656.JPG

A few Kit Sub-assemblies ready to install. I lost all the Eduard wing-nuts for the battery hold-down, so I made some hokey ones, just to add interest. :idonno The sink marks on the propeller still need work :stinker
100_2670.JPG

100B2661.JPG

Dry-fit, Dry-fit, Dry-fit, Dry-fit, Dry-fit!! The Ol' Lady is looking Promising! :drinks :yipee
Engine install coming up next! :pilot

100_2671.JPG

Merlin installed! brass boss for the propeller shaft is visible. Beginning to close up the fuselage! :yipee
100_2672.JPG

100_2673.JPG

Now the classic Revell kit shows Her real challenge. I knew it didn't fit well. It did have to be this particular airplane model kit, since I last built Her when I was 7 years old. Enter here Ye Plastic Surgeon, and fear not!
:eek:ldguy :pilot :snoopy

Back