• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re: SS - MG 42 GUNNER - JUST COMPLETED (APRIL 9th)

Re: SS - GUNNER..PARKA´S FUR LINING (MARCH 15th...

You do some amazing painting Luiz. Awesome stuff (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

LUIZ,

:yipee .... Straight up Awesome !! Beautiful Job !!

Question : When you do your outlining with th Games Ink .... do you thin it at all ? Do you use it more as a wash or straight out of th bottle ?

Smokin' job on th face & th Camo Helmet Cover !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_YUB8XKwb4​

:erik

Thanks MP,James, Mike and Erik...nice words as always! :drinks ...very important to finish this project...

@ Erik...yes,I usually use 25% of water to dilute a little the Games Ink...it works better,Ok?

In time thanks for the Rock...very apreciate...me and my son :dude

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER..THE MG 42 IN DETAIL...

Hi!

...this update shown the job on the MG42 finished...it were used Humbrol Metalcoat (polishing type) and Vallejo acrylics on the sling sections...note the pigments on the ground suports...

...hope you like it...

Regards!.............Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER..THE MG 42 IN DETAIL (Mar/18)...

Beautiful work. Can you explain your technique for the leather? It looks so realistic. I'v never been able to do that with acrylics.
James

Dear Frank,Mike and James...thanks a lot!...

@James:

Really,it´s the first time,that I use acrylics to simulate leather,usually I make use of oils.

After reading exhaustively the excelent book ( Osprey Modelling Nº31) from Jaume Ortiz and Daniel Romero,Modelling Fallschirmjäger Figures I chose to make a attempt.

I did my job based upon acrylic painting principle : the superimposition of transparent layers of paint,thus creating a blending effect between two contiguos hues.This transparency is achived by diluting paint with water.The more water you mix in,the more transparency you get

The MG42 sling base colour was a mixture of Valljo # 70872 (Chocolate Brown) and #70921.(English Uniform).
The highlight tone was a mixture of base colour and # 70981 (Orange Brown).
The shadow tone was a mixture of the base colour and # 950 (Black).

After the applcation of the base colour and the highlights and shadows tones I blended every tone with one adjacent to it.To achive the blended effect the colours have to be diluted even more with 75% water.
Every hue must be blended with the contiguos to it...thus eliminating the hard edge between the hues.

And now,the most important thing : PRACTICE!!!....so let´s try a practice!

All the best for you!

Luiz.

This quickly not only becoming a very good model but a masterpiece :notworthy

The gun which I thought would give you trouble looks fabulous! The 'cherry' on a delightful figure.

Regards,

Luiz congratulations, you made a masterpiece.
the best for you
Gionata

Re: SS - GUNNER..THE ACESSORIES (Mar/26)...

Thank you very much...Andy,Saúl and Gio...very nice comments!

...now the acessories,such as the holster and the MG42 repair/maintenance kit case...on the case I use only acrylics and on the holster were used acrylics and oils to simulate leather...see them:

...usually the following itens were storaged inside the case...

...now the acessories in situ...

...Hope you enjoy it!

Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER..THE ACESSORIES (Mar/26)...

(y) :notworthy :notworthy Love that look on the leatherpieces!

:popcorn
//Mats

Re: SS - GUNNER..LEATHER ACESSORIES (Mar/26)...

Hi!

Thanks a lot Andy,Frank and Mats for the words of encouragement.....very much appreciate!! ;) ;) ;)

To finish this project : ...the gloves painting and the Italian Camo job on the parka...

Best regards!

Luiz.

Back