• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re: SS - MG 42 GUNNER - JUST COMPLETED (APRIL 9th)

Re: SS - GUNNER..27th JAN Update...THE MG 42...

Very cool. Am watching this with great interest.
James

Re: SS - GUNNER - Ready for painting...

Thanks guys...very appreciate!

Regards for all!

...and the grenadier is ready for paint...it´s not an easy task to assembly this guy...several adjustments were necessary,mainly on the MG42 and on the helmet straps...hope you like it...

Re: SS - GUNNER..THE AIRBRUSHING WORK...

Thanks guys...very appreciate!

...as I said on my another topic,whenever possible and for a better finish, I use airbrushing job on my figures...look the job on this bust...after this I´ll start the handbrushing steps...hope you like!

...first of all all the subassemblies were primed...

...the famous German Field Gray...

...the Parka will be painted with the Italian Camo Pattern,and the base color was done according to the following composition:

Reflective Green (# 890) - one part.

German Field Gray (# 830) - three parts.

German Camouflage Extra Dark Green - three parts.

All of them Vallejo´s acrylics.

...the both ¨greens¨ applied...

...I painted the MG 42 with the Humbrol Metal Coat (Gun Metal)...this paint, after the application can be polished with cool effects...look...

...yet,without polishing job...

...the MG 42 with the polishing effects...

...the helmet will be painted in the Oak-Leaf Pattern (Autumn)...here it with its base color...

...the base color (Humbrol) for flesh tones...I have a doubt : OILS or ACRYLICS ???

...for the leather effects I´ll use oils...here the pieces primed for the leather oil effects...

...and now go to the handpaint work!!!...

Regards for all!

Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER..FEB 12th-THE AIRBRUSHING WORK...

B) Great work Luiz,
your little fix-ups are really interesting and very informative for figure building tips and tricks.

The figure is beautiful; can't wait to see the paint completed.

Ian.

Dear MP,Ian and Mike...thanks for watching and commenting my thread...apreciatte so much!

See you soon............Luiz.

LUIZ ,

Lookin' Great !! Smokin' Start. That MG is rockin' !! have you decided if you're gonna paint th Flesh in Oil or Acrylic ?

:popcorn :drinks

Erick.

...really,the doubt pesists ...I´m not ok with acrilics yet...learning so much...with oils I´m ok...I hope so!

Best!

Luiz.

Re: SS - GUNNER..FEB 17th-THE FACE...

Hi!

...let´s go to the face...as usual,I used oils...to do the job:

-two parts of Burnt Siena.
-two parts of Yellow ochcre.
-one part of raw umber.

...after the usual excess removal,I made the highlights with yellow and white using the blending techique.

...the eyes were painted with Vallejo acrylics and after dried I used a small amount of liquid Future wax...

..I enjoy the final results and I hope you too... :laugh: ...look the pics...

Regards for all!

Luiz

Re: SS - GUNNER..FEB 17th-THE FACE...

Magnificent Luiz!!! I say if you get those results with oils, why change? I like oil paints myself too...

Really nice work, the eyes sparkle with life!

Love it!
Tom

Re: SS - GUNNER..FEB 17th UPDATE-THE FACE...

Luiz, this will be a masterpiece!

All the best!
Dusan.

Re: SS - GUNNER..FEB 17th UPDATE-THE FACE...

a really great job ....
fantastic ..
Best regards
gionata

Back