• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Pro Racing" Campaign

would Stroker Ace's plucked-chicken Thunderbird count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeoAE5aRNfU

I found this ..... in one of my warehouses ......

h49d505f.jpg

I checked the reference for this build and I found that there were some Bonneville cars in there so ....... I think this would do ...... :eek:ldguy

OH YEAH Swordsman!

Got it in the Basket ..... Now I just need some $$$$ ............. :eek:ldguy

Here's details of the kit .....

In September of 1960, Mickey Thompson became the first American to go faster than 400 mph (644 km/h) on land. His quad V-8 powered Challenger I topped out at 406.6 mph (653 km/h) at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Mickey designed racers, set trends, beat records and won competitions in everything from drag racing to the Indianapolis 500 for sixty years. Kit features parts molded in white resin, four V-8 engines with transmissions, detailed tube chassis, removable body panels, rear parachute tube, soft black tires and Mickey Thompson figure.

I've never built 4 engines in one car ..... I think this will be the one ....... :eek:ldguy

If it's built for racin' its in. Would love to see that built up. :popcorn

Any kits of drop tank racers?

I think there is a resin one, can't remember who makes it.

:eek:hmy: Interesting... Guess with the right parts, somebuddy can make one :hmmm :hmmm

Your talking P-38 drop tank right?
005_006.jpg

Someone had a scratch built large scale one at the 2013 IPMS Nationals
DSC07104_zps3f5af07c.jpg

I thought he vacuumed formed the body

:eek:hmy: Interesting... Guess with the right parts, somebuddy can make one :hmmm :hmmm

005_006.jpg

DSC07104_zps3f5af07c.jpg

Now that is Awesome!! I couldn't remember if I were thinking the P-38 or P-47? Drop tank racers as I recall there were several I had seen & heard about as a kid.

I see F-15 or F-16 belly tanks and do this :drool thinking of the land speed car I could build with it. (y)

005_006.jpg

DSC07104_zps3f5af07c.jpg

Now that is Awesome!! I couldn't remember if I were thinking the P-38 or P-47? Drop tank racers as I recall there were several I had seen & heard about as a kid.

1/8 scale vacuum form on Ebay now
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonneville-SCTA-P-38-Belly-Tank-Drop-Tank-1-8-scale-Vacform-/221754063546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a1927aba

Back