• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Practice, Practice, Practice…Sherman

Practice, Practice, Practice…

...And on to the next subject... :v

h02b74a3.jpg

haf4e70f.jpg

h2a63c07.jpg

hdacc200.jpg

Hey Eric! That's some pretty fancy painting tools you have there. :mpup Looking forward to the next steps. :good:

Oooops ! Same title, different build . Almost missed it :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks everyone...Advice is always welcome...Just hope its not to late...See below :v

Practice, Practice, Practice…(Sherman)

So I spent the day painting. :woohoo:

For this one I wanted to try Blacking Basing....What is this Blacking Basing I speak of, well here is a little video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQNHVFf0uU&list=WL&index=13&t=4s

So After the primer I applied the Marble Coat
h89eebec.jpg

hc795436.jpg

Next up was the Blend Coat

h2c69729.jpg

hf9951ca.jpg

Then I added some highlights. Always want to try this out...So I did :huh:

h2eb7bfe.jpg

All in All I think it came out Pretty good. Some more experimenting and of course Pratice...Pratice...Pratice...
I'm trying to decide if I should shoot a layer of future to seal it up...or not...

What you all Think...Thanks for Stopping in.
:v

Practice, Practice, Practice…(Sherman)

I'm liking it. The mottling adds that little extra usually missing in OD paint schemes. Adding a sealer before filters or pin washes is part of my MO. :good:

I think you are on the right track. My comment is to start with lighter colors. As you weather, things tend to get darker, if you start out where you want to, you will end up too dark. If you start out lighter, you END UP where you want to!

So with that in mind, I would add another mottled layer on the Sherman, that is lighter than makes you comfortable!

I think you are on the right track. My comment is to start with lighter colors. As you weather, things tend to get darker, if you start out where you want to, you will end up too dark. If you start out lighter, you END UP where you want to!

This is why so many of my builds are so dark, good advice Dr!

That's a really nice trick Eric, looks great! :dude

WOW it been a long while since I worked on this so its back on the painting bench for the Sherman. As a side note the ol'Shermie suffered a fall off the paint bench back in March. Wasn't sure it was saveable, but after a little TLC it's good to go as a Practice subject.

I also pulled an old base I did up a few years ago so I could try out working with BalsaFoam, nothing complicated but works for this.

h38c647c.jpg

h160c369.jpg

hf78343e.jpg

I just started weathering up the bottom of the hull but nothing to show there yet.

hf6fda93_2019-09-15.jpg

Thanks for stopping in
:v
Eric

Looks like fun. I have some balsa foam in my armamentarium as well. It is like a cross between floral and EPS foam.

Nice recovery on the Sherman BTW!

Nice job Eric,

Informative article! I agree! There is nothing that can take the place of practice!

(y) (y) (y)

Love those Shermans!

Bob

Back