• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Newest Paul Budzik videos

And another new video if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9qkw2quJPs&feature=em-uploademail

James

Two videos!

Notice the Unimat Lathe? Yeah, got one now, just have to figure out how to use it now...:rotf

Two videos!

Notice the Unimat Lathe? Yeah, got one now, just have to figure out how to use it now...:rotf

Simple, just get some rock maple and make a tire. :D

It would take me the better part of a month to make the block he made, let alone his mandrels and every other thing that he did.

I drool over the shots of opening a drawer full of impeccably organized tools, let alone what he does with them.

Now I need to buy a slotting file and six minutes ago I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Two videos!

Simple, just get some rock maple and make a tire. :D

It would take me the better part of a month to make the block he made, let alone his mandrels and every other thing that he did.

I drool over the shots of opening a drawer full of impeccably organized tools, let alone what he does with them.

Now I need to buy a slotting file and six minutes ago I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Thanks to him, I realized that a slotting file would be nice ( months ago )

Must be nice to have the space to do all this and the resources to buy them . ( probably why we can't afford dental work )

This must be easy for him since the subjects are so large and there is no unreasonably small opening to work through :lol:

Also notice you only see his hands . Just like a regular dentist :idonno

He is amazing but the bottom line for me is this . For all these thousands of dollars in machinery , I can probably go on ebay and buy the tires on Ebay for 5/6 dollars . No headaches , hours of work or a huge shop to store all those tools :rotf Sorry, he is amazing beyond my wildest ambitions .

Great video James . I can relate to the majority of them but this one might as well be star track for me.

Bob, you need more tools for that lathe . Will get those washers made yet :rotf

I have a couple of screw head files. (that is what they are called) Thee files are very thin and delicate but if not abused will not wear out. Their only use is for cutting slots in screw heads. (except for modelers)

I have used mine for cleaning up panel lines on curved surfaces and a few other odd jobs.

They arre not readily available and are not cheap a single file 3 inches long (plus tang) and about 3/8 inch wide will cost about $34. With a qty of 12 I can get that down to about $28. Oh and by the way they are not dentist tools but watchmaker tools.

And yes I have the tools where I could make a tire like he did. You guys just need to pose the questions to me and I can help.

And yes I have the tools where I could make a tire like he did. You guys just need to pose the questions to me and I can help.

OK, how can I afford all those cool daddy tools. :rotf

You said ASK! :beer :good:

I got the room, just need to get it organized. :frantic

Another new one. Very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVct3ztwgIs&feature=em-uploademail

James

I want to be him when I grow up.

Even his tripod is top of the line kit. He's living the modeler's dream in my opinion.

And to think I just grab my cell phone.

He Jeff, looks like he's got a teleprompter also. :rotf

Yeah, I saw that.

I was hoping maybe it was just a kid and cue cards, but I'm thinking he has crew, maybe a local college with a film program.

If he's filming models with the gear he's leaning on, I bet the camera filming him is equally high end stuff. And the editing in the videos os time consuming, I wonder if it's him or not.

By the way, I'm disparaging it at all, I think the lengths he goes is amazing and I fully appreciate it. I have the camera and photo software that makes use of what he's referring too, but you think I ever cracked the cover on the manuals? He explains it well and I switched my camera to RAW about 15 minutes ago.

A new one. Looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u49PW-pOS0w&feature=em-uploademail

James

A new one. Looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u49PW-pOS0w&feature=em-uploademail

James

Great explanation of a pesky problem . This is also an explanation as to why you can lay down such a nice coat of primer/paint with Tamiya rattle cans.

Cheers, Christian B)

I can't overstate how helpful this man is. I know the info comes off as overly detailed, etc, but every single time I watch something, I learn from it.

Mind you, I was a film major, I think I know my way around a camera. I have a very expensive animation program that has a live view cinematography option where you completely control the camera via your computer. Every single time I use it, I wish I could do the same for regular camera use.

Now I watch his video and not only is he using the same camera I've had for years, but he pops up the program of my dreams that I didn't know existed, yet is free from Canon. 10 minutes later, I have it on my computer. I use a remote trigger, but didn't even know mirror lock was a thing, there's zero mention in the manual, yet a few minutes on google, my Canon has the feature. Holy exposure Batman, in a few minutes on a Sunday morning, he's once again changed my game. And this time it didn't cost me $200-300 in tool purchases.

Those that use the programs and know how to dig through the menus can teach even the software companies a thing or 2. I personally use some little point and click Nikons and over the years have managed to make them do a lot of stuff they shouldn't be capable of doing.

For finding my photos on the computer I use an ancient program called Firehand Ember. It is so old it is maybe even a 16bit software. The guy that wrote it died about 10 years ago but it still works as it always did even on my Win 8.1 machine.

For basic editing I use Canvas version 10. The current version (2017) they destroyed one of my main tools and made it about 5 times more difficult to do the stuff I easily do in the old version. (abolutely STUPID software company :smack :smack :smack ) They have been trying to sell it at a discount and it isn't flying.

Another program I used to use was Picture Publisher. They did a complete revision on it and I have not used the newere one but a handful of times as it is also more difficult to use. :bang head

Another good one just released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9-AM9uaSFw&feature=em-uploademail

Kames

Back