• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mig-21PF 1/48th scale by Revell

h3e1c682.JPG

h3d22543.JPG

h9511702.JPG

h8b22fa3.jpg

h58bc268.jpg

The Revell Mig is going to be a gift for my other co worker. A Dave, gringo from Brooklyn who converted to Hinduism, so I'm going to use the decals that Saul Garcia, sent me which included IAF markings. The only trouble was the wrong tail for those markings. This am I cut off the tail and attatched the larger one. He's also a gun nut and wanted the gun package instead of the belly tank. Gary S.

h58bc268.jpg

The Revell Mig is going to be a gift for my other co worker. A Dave, gringo from Brooklyn who converted to Hinduism, so I'm going to use the decals that Saul Garcia, sent me which included IAF markings. The only trouble was the wrong tail for those markings. This am I cut off the tail and attatched the larger one. He's also a gun nut and wanted the gun package instead of the belly tank. Gary S.

Gary, I may have a spare tail if you screw that up.

Regards,

h9511702_2018-01-25.JPG

h11412f6.JPG

haab9790.JPG

Gun pack from Academy kit installed on Revell kit, which is getting the IAF cammo. I think they are ready for the under coat. Gary S.

h5e89bb8.JPG

Silver painted and needs touching up.

h83db32d.JPG

Touch ups done and tried using 40+ yr. old decals with bad results. They have since been removed. Going to make copies of the ones Saul, sent me. Need 6 positions and only have 3. Gary S.

Too bad the old decals didn't work out. Hopefully you will be able to fix that with the ones you are making copies of.

Cheers,
James

h97f7039.JPG

The copies are not the best, but they will do. They were printed on clear paper and are translucent. Tried again on white paper and they were even worse. Gary S.

Thanks, but right now they're good enough. I unmasked the canopy today while on lunch break and there was a lump of something on the inside. So, now I have to pop the canopy. :bang head Gary s

Back