• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mig-21PF 1/48th scale by Revell

h7e6aa4e.JPG

A BIG THANKS to Chris (Helios), He was kind enough to send a replacement seat from the Academy kit. Not only the seat, but the whole kit. Also to Saul for the set of VNAF decals plus a few others. Now to choose which and what versions to build. The Revell kit might be built as a gift kit. More research is needed. Gary S.

You're welcome mate. :drinks

I also have an Eduard PF kit, so this one was likely going to be sitting in storage for quite some time. Figured you might be able to use it sooner than I would.

h5a03442.JPG

Thanks again. :good: I think I'll use the Academy seat in the Revell kit and make it a PF with gear up and narrow cord tail. While using the resin seat for the Academy kit and make it a PFM by modifying the canopy to a rt side hinged opening with a wide cord tail. NVAF used both types. I started on the cockpits and made throttle quadrants for both. The resin seat is VERY fragile and I broke off the rt. foot rest. Found one piece and glued it back on. The rest will have to be remade. :bang head Gary S.

hc46df92.JPG

OK, now I have a pair of Migs. applied a custom batch of the cockpit interior color. Almost forgot. The rear of the engine was inserted into a small pill bottle that was used as a tail pipe. Gary S.

Got back into modeling the Migs a few weeks ago. Cast a new instrument panel for the Revell kit from the Academy kit and a burner nozzel from the Revell kit for the Academy kit. I also took comparison shots of the 2 kits. I placed rhinestones behind the landing light lenses under the wings. Gary S.

hc3a9a5a.JPG

h7fe1323.JPG

hbf9ac5c.JPG

h826ae13.JPG

he4dc100.JPG

h60cf85b.JPG

hfcb7c6d.JPG

hde56a19.JPG

h287dbe8.JPG

hbe63829.JPG

h6dd7db6.JPG

hd502522.JPG

h1226b58.JPG

h49b0a4d.JPG

h899bbf5.JPG

h085c0d1.JPG

h3b76534.JPG

Thanks!! The wings and tails were installed. Seats in cockpit are just placed in. The Revell control stick was used in the Academy kit. It looked better and the Revel kit will have a pilot.Should have waited to install fuselage main gear doors till after installing wings. Gary S.

Back