• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Kids B-17 Complete!

Meng Kids B-17

Welcome to the[strike] dark[/strike] flight side :good:

Never tried to hatch a plastic egg before but it looks like you're well underway :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks guys! The saw was out to remove the nose glass,one less thing to mask.

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks for the kind words, my friends. After much digging, I finally found my package of Elmers Tack and following Chris' suggestion, I used it to mask my glass.

h1adf9dc.JPG

h47dea89.JPG

I pulled off small pieces of the tack, pushed it into the opening, then coaxed it into shape with a toothpick. Here goes nothin' :pinch:

It's in the paint booth now with primer drying. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

Meng Kids B-17

What Chris said but maybe more contrast between the biege and the green. Try darkening up the green and post shade the panel lines?
:popcorn

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks, guys! Chris suggested a thin coat of Tamiys Khaki, it seems to have lightened things, but may need to shoot an overall coat and forget the panel lines? I keep looking at the box art and that was the color I'd intended, but this ain't it. :hmmm

hf693aa9.JPG

hf5c4c2c.JPG

Going to wrap things up for the weekend, see if it grows on me. :rotf

Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Back