• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mels Humvee

Hi Mel.

Wow. I haven't even opend the box on my build yet, and your almost done. And just for the rest of the world that doesn't have "roos", would the roo bar be what the rest of us call a brush guard, or just the bumper? :idonno

Gary B)

Looking good Mel!! (y)

A very nice and clean build, and fast (y) looking forward to your next post!!

moon puppy wrote:
Good lord you work fast! You have some good coaches there.

MoonPub, what does good public transportation got to do with fast modelling?? :hmmm Don't know if any one told you before but you should work on your English :angle

Cheers Erik

Dragunov wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
Good lord you work fast! You have some good coaches there.

MoonPub, what does good public transportation got to do with fast modelling?? :hmmm Don't know if any one told you before but you should work on your English :angle

Cheers Erik

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: MoonPub :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Mel wrote:
The shazzey
But it is spelt Chassis Dearie :laugh:

Well thats how it sounds like it was written :idonno . Nobody told me ! :idonno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwOKhNjIhmI

Love it! These are the girls from Agro and Neighbours, Gayle and Gillian Blakeney

MiniHumvees004.jpg

All ready to paint. Roo bar added. Hey Gary, you need to google Roo Bar images and then you will see what they are ;) ;) Richo showed me that the Marine Humvees had a snorkel fitted on the air intake. He found a piece of round plastic and we measured it to fit.

The doors and windows had yellow masking tape put on them. I taced the windows with a scalpel and cut the shape of the window out and pulled away the other bit. The inside I will paint green and the outside sand colour like in Irac.

Mel

jenny croft wrote:
Mel wrote:
Thanks Jenny for photographing for me :)

The shazzey

No worries about the photos ;)

But it is spelt Chassis Dearie :laugh:

Not anymore, I think we can start a trend here, Shazzey. I like it! :woohoo:

cool, clean 'n quick build mel! bravo!

would you take an advice from me? take your time to glue on the roof, wait with it - maybe do that after you painted both, interior and exterior?

Hi Laura and Pavel, well I will make sure I paint the interior fully before I glue it :).

MiniHumvees006.jpg

Richo showed me how to airbrush, it took a little while to get the adjustment just right and then it was real easy. first i painted the green. Until Richo showed me, I would have painted the tyres black but he took me outside and showed me they are a brownish grey. so that was the colour we painted the wheels.

Next we painted the sand but after the tyres and interior was dry.
MiniHumvees005.jpg

I used a circle drawer for the wheels which made them neat then I pulled the masks off the windows

I have to paint the steering wheel, seats and radio next and the headlights and put the stickers on.

Mel

Hiya Mel.

That is looking real cool for a desert vehicle ;) . When are you going to paint that great big old gun on the top?

Gary B)

Mel wrote:
I would have painted the tyres black but he took me outside and showed me they are a brownish grey. so that was the colour we painted the wheels.

Looks good so far, Mel. Yes, I'm still surprised that model kit instructions still continue to tell modellers to paint tyres black. :huh: As you found out, brownish grey or dark grey are far more realistic.

splendid work! much better than that what i painted after about my tenth build!

the only thing i would do is to add some stuff to the interior! it's so empty looking!

maybe you check out the market together with jenny to see what would be a cool addition?

if you leave the roof off it would easen adding stuff to the interior and weathering!

:)

Here's some stuff you could add to the outside -

http://www.firestormmodels.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=17949&category_id=209

Hey Mel. Also just in case Jenny forgot about this place, there are some things you might be able to use from this site. Just download the 1/48 size stuff, then reduce the size, and print em out and fold them up and use them. Lots of cool stuff, like coolers, magazines, newspapers, radios, laptop computers etc in here. (y)

http://www.printmini.com/printables/p1.shtml

Gary B)

Tonight I went and opened my Humvee box and there was a wrapped up parcel for me inside :idonno

I opened it and it is a box of tiny little men to put inside my Humvee! :D

My beautiful big sister put them in there as a special present for my first model.. (y) Thank you so much :D

Now apparently Lauras comments were to stop me gluing the model together until the figures arrived :) and it does not surprise me if John and Gary were all in on the surprise.

Well I will paint the figures and stick them inside before I glue it together :D

It should be real fun painting them.

Mel

Mel wrote:
and it does not surprise me if John and Gary were all in on the surprise.

Don't look at me, I had nothing to do with it. :huh: Although I am curious cos I thought I saw some Verlinden figures, on I think Firestorm's website, that are for the Humvee in 1:72.... and now they're gone.... So I'm wondering if they are the ones? (3 figures, two seated and one standing)

Back