• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mels Humvee

M

Mel

I am about to start my first model I will finish :), my first group build too, and I am really excited. Jenny and I are both going to build Humvees, so I should not have any problems with her help, :) unlike my first attempt.

Our friend Bob Letterman got us the matching kits so thanks to him. I also have been researching Humvees from a book Jenny leant me on Iraq which is written by another of our friends, David Harper.

I hope everyone else will join in, I know Sven will ;) and Gary will because he does not want to look like a sissy. :laugh: :pp

I will probably not put it in a scene as I do not have any stuff.

Mel

believe it or not mel, your entry is the one i'm looking forward to the most! :cheer:

Mel wrote:

i bet that jenny and richo will gladly help you out with some stuff for a kewl little scenery! ;)

Kreighshoer wrote:
believe it or not mel, your entry is the one i'm looking forward to the most! :cheer:

Mel wrote:

i bet that jenny and richo will gladly help you out with some stuff for a kewl little scenery! ;)

Richie might help me but if I touch Jennys stuff I will need to get someone else to start my car. :laugh:

Hey Laura, what are you going to make?

Mel

Mel wrote:
Kreighshoer wrote:

Mel wrote:

Richie might help me but if I touch Jennys stuff I will need to get someone else to start my car. :laugh:

Mel

Well see Laura , the same goes for my model stuff as it does my clothes :laugh: .

I am really looking forward to seeing Mels finished vehicle , I will lend her some showcase room for it ! ;)

Jenny :kiss:

Mel wrote:

most probably nothing but if, it will be a huge and to some very nasty surprise! (but still very unlikely! i got sooooooo much on my bench to finish)

Kreighshoer wrote:
Mel wrote:

most probably nothing but if, it will be a huge and to some very nasty surprise! (but still very unlikely! i got sooooooo much on my bench to finish)

You better do something! It is not everyday you get to join a group build with me, is it? :laugh:

Anyway, Jenny just said you will :pp

Mel

Mel wrote:
Oh cool , are you building one too Tanktracks ?

Mel

Mel,

I'm supposed to be working on my Sturmtiger for XH&H group build and I'm also signed up for the USMC group build, which I haven't even started yet.... :unsure:

I'll be out at the hobby shops this weekend. If I see something I like in 1:72 then I might, just might, join in on the fun... :)

John

Lets gooooo
MiniHumvees.jpg

Now I have a lend of a scalpel with a nice sharp blade, some glue, a side cutter and a brush for the glue so off I go. Wish me luck everybody.

Mel

Cool! Hers and Hers HMMV... do you need to ASK? It is armor... ASK armor, right Jenny?

My head hurts,

Hiya Mel.

Just a note here. You need to open the plastic bags, or it's not really started yet. And it's almost not fair that you get a whole days head start on us here in the U.S. and Europe, being a full day ahead of us.But it's OK, cause we get one day more than you at the end so it evens out. Now glue some plastic.

Gary B)

Thanks everybody

I have only got to put the roo bar on and headlights. Richo said to leave the doors off until I paint the insides.

Thanks Jenny for photographing for me :)
MiniHumvees1.jpg

The shazzey

MiniHumvees3.jpg

The top half

MiniHumvees2.jpg

I will finish the roo bar ready so I can paint it tomorrow

Mel

:blink geez you're quick!

seems like you had some fun with building a kit! if you continue with this speed you end up with a company of humvees!

Back