• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lublin R.XIII Ter (1/48 Spojnia)

Thanks for the great replies Dave, Bob, Chuk, James and PS!

I'm pushing for Saturday! One question, do I have until the end of Saturday to finish this??

:bang head :fencing

While working on this last night, I realized I forgot to scribe a couple lines in the wing. I think these separate the fabric surfacr from the leading edge (still not sure if the leading edge of the wing was metal or wood but I suspect wood).

I was able to get the top but might not bother with the underside as the struts/braces are now in the way. I'll see though!

Also, i didn't show how I made the cleats earlier for the floats. I used two small pieces of wire bent at 90 degrees and then secured them into a small hole drilled in the float. I then added a small drop of micro crystal clear to cover the gap. I did the same thing with the antennas on the undersides of the wing.

Got the decals on the plane last night. Almost screwed up the orientation of the Polish roundel a few times! These big roundels had to be cut near the aileron actuators as there was no way they were going to settle over them. I'll have to touch it up with some paint later.

I had really wanted to paint these on but am running out of time. They ended up working out fairly well, with very liberal amounts of micro set and micro sol.

The old decals from the Spojnia kit were thick, rough and had a lot of carrier film. I hope they provided better decals with the new Mirage release of this kit. If you have the old one, make sure you trim the decals as close as you can!

Not sure why the Polish upper roundels are in these locations???

Prop is painted,

I purchased two sets of these string wheels from HR models from Hannants in the hopes of making some trolleys for the floats.

Might not get to these before Saturday but I'll do my best! Don't hold it against me if I don't get them done!

Just shot a gloss coat over everything this morning before the kids woke up. Hope to do some weathering tonight!

I really like the colors on this bird as well as how the Polish displayed the national insignias .

Go Warren go !

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys!! ;)

I'll have it done by tomorrow, actually, i should finish it up this evening. Just 8 small fiddly bits left to put on.

here's what I did last night.

I attached the rudders using a small piece of brass tubing flattened on two opposite sides with a metal cutting disk on my Dremel. then I CA'd it to the float.

I added in the control wires for the tail

And have been doing a little weathering to it. I noticed that when I went to attach the wing to the fuse something happened and the wing was sitting off kilter to starboard. Must be the way I glued the struts to the upper wing. Anyway, it ended up that the starboard struts were a bit too short.

So I came up with this idea to lengthen them. I used pieces from the struts for the wheeled version

and pinned them on the ends

Looks better than it did

added the rudder control cables

and the windshield

As I said, it's basically all together now, just a little bit of struts and rigging under the wing, the rear marker light and the machine gun to add. One last post tomorrow!

:D

Not sure why the Polish upper roundels are in these locations???

It was a deliberate policy. The idea was to throw-off the aiming point of any attacking fighter. They used the same 'trick' on most of their aircraft in the immediate pre-war period.

Ian.

Lublin R.XIII Ter (1/48 Spojnia) DONE!!!

It's finished!!!

:yipee

I'll post a bunch of pics in the completion thread. Not entirely happy with the light in these pics (one of my lights blew a bulb). I hope they suffice!

I tried to keep the weathering pretty light as all the reference photos showed some fairly clean planes. What I did notice from the ref pics was a very streaky top wing. Tried to simulate that the best I could. I'm very happy with the way this turned out, just worried I might have went a little too heavy on the top wing. Mostly just used some very thinned Tamiya Smoke and then brushed it over the whole plane with a wide flat brush. Then I covered it with a flat coat and used a bit of white powder on it.

Anyway, I am happy it is complete. This is the first campaign I ever finished on time! I'll try and get the trolleys made at a later date!

Back