• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lublin R.XIII Ter (1/48 Spojnia)

"The devil is in the details!!" :evil:

So, I lied about having the floats on, but I did work on a lot of the smaller items today

Push rods installed in the engine:

The PART PE set had a neat little gun mount that I never would have been able to assemble. so I cut part of it out and added that to the original kit part, along with the little wheel.

Added a grab bar/tie down point on the tail

Steps out of wire, I have to make another one of these for the other side.

I got these little winglet thingys on the upper wing installed (not sure what they are, never seen them before on any other plane)

PE rudders

I'm using these parts to make some little marker lights for the top wing. I just clamped them in the Dremel chuck and ground them down on a piece of sandpaper

Replaced the old pitot tube with a piece of surgical needle

and thinned down the engine cowling!

That's it for tonight!

Really nice job Warren, great job with using the dremel as a lathe, I find too much wobble on mine to get anything usable out of it. Maybe I've been to hard on mine.

Those little airfoils on the wings would have to be some sort of trim tab I would think.

Nice modelling Warren, those added touches look so good, gives this kit a real boost, much improved (y)

Thanks for the comments guys! Sorry I haven't been paying much attention to other threads. Trying to cram this one in to get finished!

The other float is foiled and sanded, I started to pin some of the struts and then broke my small drill bit. I'll have to try and get another one on my way home from the doctor's tomorrow. Floats are almost finished though.

Did a test fit of the top wing and found out that the center strut kit parts were too short! :bang head Aggravating!!!

So, got out the ruler and some brass tubing and quickly fixed that up!

Coming together!!

Nice job :D I like it when a man pulls out the scientific equipment :drinks

It seems that the smaller kit manufacturers have a lot of issues with the struts not fitting :idonno

Nice save . Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys!

Not much time left!

Got her sittin' pretty on her floats. Added a few other details (step on the starboard side, some cleats at the front of the floats, etc..) but didn't grab any pics. Still need to attach the rudders too.

I only need two more pieces of rigging for the wing and then I can paint that. Looking at painting tomorrow or Sunday.

Here's a close up of the marker lights and the little antenna on the port wing tip.

Pressure's on!

Thanks guys!

Not much time left!

Got her sittin' pretty on her floats. Added a few other details (step on the starboard side, some cleats at the front of the floats, etc..) but didn't grab any pics. Still need to attach the rudders too.

I only need two more pieces of rigging for the wing and then I can paint that. Looking at painting tomorrow or Sunday.

Here's a close up of the marker lights and the little antenna on the port wing tip.

Pressure's on!

Nice little details Warren (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian,

Another quick update...Got rid of that stomach churning green and primed it.

I was going to use fine wire or the rigging but screwed that up so I went back to some thread. CA'd these in place, then drilled through the wing to pull them taught. Then hit them with CA again. The clamps add just enough weight.

Also, I added a marker light on the rear rudder. The first attempt looked out of shape and too large so I tried to fashion a second one.

Not perfect, but much better.

It's going to get some aluminum paint tomorrow night!

:soldier

Thanks guys!

Burnin' the midnight oil on this one! :java

Paint today! I am using Agama Colour water based paint for this plane, Polish silver and Polish navy green. the silver worked like a charm but the green was the worst paint i have ever dealt with. It came out thick and lumpy and I had to thin it out with Tamiya thinner until it was like water and it still clogged the airbrush. I only had a tiny little stream of paint to work with.

Masking the fuse

and the wing

Then a quick rough assembly to see how it will look. I don't have the engine or the wing fixed yet

I really like the colour of the Polish Navy green! Hopefully I can shoot this with a gloss coat tomorrow and tackle the decals. Then a light weathering and a few little bits to attach! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Back