• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Indochina jungle temple

That's looking REAL GOOD Piet!!! (y) :notworthy

don't forget to put some critters on it too :D

Got these from mantis

ha4a20f1.jpg

ha041ac2.jpg

Dat'l work! :D

Working on the (vegetation)

Palm trunks and a big tree that pushed out the corner of the building(more limbs will be added)

Haven't done much trees i so it's a trial and error .

h372101b.jpg

ha41e222.jpg

hf2e04d5.jpg

h0ce8b0a.jpg

The tree shapes look really good Piet, especially once you place them on the base. What material are you making them out of?

The tree shapes look really good Piet, especially once you place them on the base. What material are you making them out of?

It is some type of air drying clay,
I get it from what you might call a 1$ shop in the states ....... :eek:ldguy it is really cheap .

h8e84257.jpg

:woohoo: B) B) Piet, you are simply amazing!! I am in awe & :drool :drool over this build!! Can hardly wait to see some paint on this & now the trees will definitely be interesting to see completed (y)

Playing around to see how it might look with the Palms in place and some more rubble and stuff
I can go every where with this 40's, 50's French Indochina, 60's Vietnam war.....

Realy like the idea of the Vietnam war with some SF :captain looking for a guy named charlie,
(Bravo 6 makes some realy nice Figures)

h9def28e.jpg

had5c9a4.jpg

hfa50ae3.jpg

haf50ce5.jpg

haae6b27.jpg

hf7a643f.jpg

:geek Working on the leaves of the palm,very easy to do but a lot of work.......these are only 7 leaves ,think i need at least 20 for each palm tree :pp

hebab5de.jpg

h7fbe175.jpg

No sorry, that does not look easy to do. :notworthy

its is ,

I am sure there are better ways to do it but this works for me (at the moment )

You need Paper, sticky tape ''the wide version'' scissors and thin steel wire.

h0724e1b.jpg

Get a straight length of wire ,stick it to the paper with tape

h6de3c9f.jpg

Fold it

h2eb9323.jpg

Then cut the shape of the leaf

h0567a7b.jpg

hf197050.jpg

And then get your scissors and start cutting the the fingers of the leaf
the steel wire will act as the leaf vein and best of all it prevents you cutting the leaf in two

hd14a642.jpg

hd526379.jpg

h59a6eb6.jpg

And also the wire wil bend it any position you want.

Back