• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In Another World...The Results!

In Another World...

I think the Nationals that rule is enforced, bot most of the regionals and smaller shows it is never an issue. Usually at those, IPMS members get a small discount on entries but that is all I have seen.

I did finally join IPMS about 3 weeks ago so we shall see.

In Another World...

It's been twenty three years since I got back into the hobby and I've been a member of several IPMS groups without being a member of IPMS USA. The notion of requiring membership to enter a contest is counter intuitive to me, they should be encouraging participation. :eek:ldguy

In Another World...

It's been twenty three years since I got back into the hobby and I've been a member of several IPMS groups without being a member of IPMS USA. The notion of requiring membership to enter a contest is counter intuitive to me, they should be encouraging participation. :eek:ldguy

I dealt with IPMS way back in the 1970s, Mike! They say they are for improving the hobby. I have never seen any evidence of it though. Follow the money! :yipee

In Another World...

I've belonged to IPMS USA for years. I think the Journal is kinda cool, but I can't see what else pivotal in our Hobby they do for all of us. I met "Dem Brudders" in Omaha and they were less than affable.
You must have IPMS USA membership is a necessity for entering the National Show. I won't enter, but I do LOVE the Spectacle!

In Another World...

Still doesn't make sense, especially charging an entry fee on top of the requisite yearly membership dues for the "privilege" of participation in a national contest. Pfffft! Not happening for me.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

In Another World...

I am planning on going to the Nationals in Chattanooga in August. There is a 2 days thing there next weekend (Jan 10-11) We will see how it all goes.

So far for the Nationals they have dates set but absolutely nothing about what is going on. Not even some tentative schedules. Some folks have already filled the site hotels, but I am wondering what is up for 4 days. Someone in Chattanooga needs to get busy and post something on their site as it is getting a little old with nothing new posted.

In Another World...

Let's please keep this thread about our campaign. Discussion of IPMS nationals should be done on a thread specific to that.

Thanks for your support.

In Another World...

Hi folks! been asked by Bob and Mike to enter this campaign with my latest project, already started so i didn't think it would fit but Mike gives he's ok, if someone have anything against it please say it then i respect that.

I just have the ball head painted and started wheathering, will be set on a small dio/vignette together with a small 3D printed figure.

This is where i am right now,

he5fa641_2019-01-05.JPG

And here is the figure to go with it, Little girl Nancy from MAIM in germany

h5fbd0f3_2019-01-05.jpg

Greetings Mats

In Another World...

Hi folks! been asked by Bob and Mike to enter this campaign with my latest project, already started so i didn't think it would fit but Mike gives he's ok, if someone have anything against it please say it then i respect that.

Greetings Mats

One of the main reasons that I love this forum and group Matts. After all it is a hobby and as such it should be fun and enlightening.

In Another World...

Greetings Mats

One of the main reasons that I love this forum and group Matts. After all it is a hobby and as such it should be fun and enlightening.

Being able to make up rules as we go helps. :coolio :mpup

In Another World...

I do have something I can do for this; something I'd been planning for quite some time. I just need to get the kits for it. I'll have to look around and see if I can get them soon enough to finish this campaign.

I'm very sad to see some of the things you guys have said about IPMS USA. Their conventions are the best possible place for me to actually meet all you guys and having you so against the convention eliminates any chance I could meet you. Very sad, especially with so many of my friends passing away before I can meet them. That's all I'm going to say.

My idea for a "What if?" answers the question: "What if the Russians had not sunk the Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier, but instead developed it into a modern Russian carrier to learn how to build carriers and to have a flagship for their fleet?" I just need to find an old Fujimi Kiev or Minsk carrier and an old Revell Graf Zeppelin to graft together. If anyone has any ideas or kits of those two they wish to sell, let me know.

In Another World...

I do have something I can do for this; something I'd been planning for quite some time. I just need to get the kits for it. I'll have to look around and see if I can get them soon enough to finish this campaign.

I'm very sad to see some of the things you guys have said about IPMS USA. Their conventions are the best possible place for me to actually meet all you guys and having you so against the convention eliminates any chance I could meet you. Very sad, especially with so many of my friends passing away before I can meet them. That's all I'm going to say.

My idea for a "What if?" answers the question: "What if the Russians had not sunk the Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier, but instead developed it into a modern Russian carrier to learn how to build carriers and to have a flagship for their fleet?" I just need to find an old Fujimi Kiev or Minsk carrier and an old Revell Graf Zeppelin to graft together. If anyone has any ideas or kits of those two they wish to sell, let me know.

Don't be sad Mark, everyone has issues with whatever group puts on shows. I enjoy the meetups and fellowship more than anything the show can put on.

Git'er done Mark, sounds like a great idea! (y)

In Another World...

Don't be sad Mark, everyone has issues with whatever group puts on shows. I enjoy the meetups and fellowship more than anything the show can put on.

Git'er done Mark, sounds like a great idea! (y)

I haven’t been to a show yet where someone didn’t have problems!

Sounds like a great idea Mark, go fo it

In Another World...

Thanks Pup and Sharkman! I need to find the kits to get started on this. Hopefully I find them soon enough to start soon.

In Another World...

Graft (?!?) Zeppelin?! :rotf
Anyone who needs a suggestion for a bullschtein story to go with their "In Another World" model, feel free to PM me!
I am only too happy to assist!

In Another World...

Graft (?!?) Zeppelin?! :rotf
Anyone who needs a suggestion for a bullschtein story to go with their "In Another World" model, feel free to PM me!
I am only too happy to assist!

Fat fingers Rhino! Maybe when the Russians get done with it, it will be "graft"....

I do have a backstory for this one. I just need to find the models to get started.....

In Another World...

So....I was looking through my Shelf of Shame (SoS). Saw this and wondered if this would be appropriate for this group build...yay or nay?

h77f9026.jpg

h1d2e256.jpg

In Another World...

That will be fine, is this going to be your second build on this campaign? :good:

In Another World...

Perhaps Mike. Not sure how the other project for this build will pan out and since this is a actual kit this should progress quicker...I hope :blush:

Back