• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Halls Bulldog

Not really Gerry, it was a small aircraft.

Gerry you were right about one thing, I should have given some more attention to the cockpit. I forgot to put a headrest in there and seatbelts would have shown up nicely.

h3d183ff.jpg

That big decal went on nicely. The two circles on that center decals are for the fuel caps, that got scrubbed away. :facepalm

Rearranging some lighting in my shop today so not much work done. Installing more LED tubes, it really makes a difference. :coolio

Thanks James, it's not, building a bird like this is like building a show car for the judges, way out of my league. It's got a lot of issues that show up under bright lights.

I masked the struts off after painting the white primer but the mask leaked, there's red leached up all over the place on the lower parts of the struts, or brush it... I hate to think about brushing white! :frantic

Almost looks like it has a jet engine without the cowling on. Wouldn't that be a blast! :pilot :pilot

Looks good from here Bob! (y)

Engine and cowl still in the paint shop. Strange dark shadow popped up, guess it's the season for dark shadows...

Masked it off, buffed it out and squirted the last bit of Santa Fe Red that I had, might be able to scrap some out of the bottle if I need to.

This Badger brand paint doesn't spray bad at all out of the bottle. It looks REALLY thick going in the bowl but spraying at high pressure it atomizes nicely to give a really tight spray pattern, keep the needle clean because it will build up and splatter. I probably would have used a lot less paint if I didn't try thinning it with one thing or another. These last several applications have gone on really nice and good coverage.

Strange dark shadow popped up, guess it's the season for dark shadows...[/quote]

Did Barnabas Collins show up?

Not sure what it was Paul. Might have been too much build up or a run. I did a cross pattern on the spot so maybe I exercised it out. Looked good on last inspection.

It's coming along quite nicely Bob! Looking forward to seeing it with the engine in place. Those early race planes were a really funky shape and design weren't they. An engine with a little bit of stuff to get it in the air and hopefully control the direction.

That black over the red with the white stripe looks really good!

Almost there! (y)

It's coming along quite nicely Bob! Looking forward to seeing it with the engine in place. Those early race planes were a really funky shape and design weren't they. An engine with a little bit of stuff to get it in the air and hopefully control the direction.

That black over the red with the white stripe looks really good!

Almost there! (y)

The nice thing about this bird is she'll get no weathering, afterall, she only flew one race, the 1932 Thompson Trophy race.

Just on the cowl, got a clear coat on it this AM and I'll try the pin stripping today. Hopefully all down hill now. :zen

I do have to paint some more black forward of that decal on top. Glad they didn't supply something for that area but I do wish they had supplied the wing decal on the port side, don't think I got an exact match for the starboard design.

Back